61. HOLLOW

"...by charge 7, charge for the illegal possession, selling and transfer of weapons, the court hereby declares three years of imprisonment for the defendent jeon seokjin..."

jungkook closes his eyes, hands fisting in an effort to calm himself as the the judge reads the final verdict for his brothers case.

3 years. three whole years.

even their lawyer sweats, hoseok and yoongi slumps on their seat; but seokjin just stands unwavering, polish and perfect in his suit.

as the police escorts seokjin out, jungkook stands up and meets him half way.

"hey, its just three years. dont look so sad, kook-ah" the beta pats jungkooks face with a fond smile.
however, the alphas smile was tight lipped as he hugged his brother.

no, this wasn't easy for jungkook. for all the years that passed, seokjin was the only permanent figure, a pillar for him.
even if they came here dreading something as bad as ten years of prison, their lawyer managed to bring it down to three.
but still, thats too fucking long.

"dont go after the jopok, okay? its not worth it-- and take care of yourselves" seokjin murmurs just for jungkooks ears as he squeezed his brother close one last time before he let go.

for many minutes jungkook stood by the steps, surrounded by the scent of leather and mahogany until the vehicle with seokjin rolled away.

"maybe you should take a break today, sir. go home to your pups--" hoseok supplies from his right.

"no. i've got things to take care of" jungkook declines as he moves after one last breath, getting into his car and driving to the company.

jungkook however didn't come to starlight for work.
there the alpha was stooped over his laptop, making phone calls, doing money transfers that too a lot of it and atlast flight tickets booked after consulting with yoongi and hoseok.

and it was around midnight by the time he reached back in the cabin- exhausted and with a worser headache.

the place was quiet and it was as if on autopilot his steps moved towards the nursery.

"baby-- please let go-- ouch!" jungkook hears taehyungs whisper shout as he rounds around the door causing the alpha to curiously stop.

inside taehyung was feeding the omega pup, his back facing the door, the pup swaddled in a pink blanket nuzzled close to his chest; but the little trouble maker somehow had got a handful of taehyungs hair, long and curled by his neck, and refused to let go even as the omega tried desperate to get the iron grip of little fingers to loosen.

"ow ow ow!" taehyung mutters and freezes when he hears the alphas chuckle from the doorway.

the omega pulls the pup closer and covers his chest as jungkook walks closer then stopping behind him, carefully taking the pups fingers from between taehyungs now tangled hair and kisses the little fist; the omega sighing relieved now that his hair is free.

just then he hears the squeal of the alpha pup from the crib; so jungkook straightens up, pushing taehyungs shirt back up his shoulder where it slid down when the pup fussed and walks towards the crib, picking the sleepy pup and placing a kiss on the chubby cheeks.

the alpha takes his place in one of the empty chairs with the pup settled comfortably in his arms, little round eyes blinking curious at his father before they start drooping with sleep.

with how late it is, it was just a matter of time before the pups were back to sleep, now in the comfort of their soft crib.

jungkook just sits there and admires the silence, of the pleasant scents, his two cute little pups and of taehyung tiredly puttering around placing back the toys scattered around.