32. INSTINCTS

once upon a time, money was an odd luxury to taehyung.

even in the high walls of the kim mansion and in the humble heat of the apartment he used to own, there were days when taehyung used to bundle up coins until they can be collective enough to get him a ramen cup.

but in jeon mansion, that wasn't necessarily the case.

taehyung walks past rows and rows of clothes, admiring the softness of fabrics under his fingertips as well as the decor of the shop as he choose outfits of his liking; from more sweaters he get out of his nesting instincts to occasional pieces of high fashions with cuts and strings that together molds perfectly around the canvas that is his body.

his hair is an icy blue now, that he dyed on an instinct last night, the ends of it a fading turquoise and a pale pink clip parting the bluish curtain above his eyes away from the delicate face.

taehyung doesn't know how much is enough or what would be appropriate for this 'japan trip'; but his husband is not an ideal person for any fashion outputs it seems as he is currently taking one of his many work calls, lounging on a plush couch sipping on a wine that the shop manager had passed to him with a deep bow.

once there was a sizeable heap on the counter, taehyung hesitates, eyes peering up to where jungkook is sitting. he kinds of feel a bit sheepish, but drilling a hole into jungkooks bank account (eventhough this is not even a pinch) is kind of satisfying to think, as he trots and clears his throat to get the alphas attention.

"i got everything" the omega said, heads up but not really facing jungkook and he felt the other standing up, pocketing his phone and moving to the counter.

jungkooks lips had turned into a frown as he picked through a few of the articles taehyung selected, before he went back to the racks to take some more.

for a second the omega feared if jungkook is going to choose those kind of clothes; the kinds that were once provided for him- lace, mesh and scandalizing.

but to to his relief jungkook only goes to the section of coats and picked up two long thick jackets and takes it to taehyung and held it in front of his torso assessing it if its the right length.

"it will be cold there" jungkook had distractedly said and taehyung unconsiously held his breath until jungkook moved back to the counter depositing the coats to the heap and then asking for it to be cashed.

the employees were already at his service, bowing and promising that everything will be delivered to the mansion in a few hours as jungkook turned back to exit the shop alongwith taehyung, the alphas hand ever so snuggly around taehyungs middle.

to taehyungs surprise and mild discontent, jungkook had drove straight to 'starlight' after their little shopping. the omega was already starting to feel a bit tired, might have preferred to lazy around his nest for now, but the outside air felt refreshing, so he didn't raise any futile protests.

this time as he follows after jungkook into the building, he manages a small smile and occasional wave at the employees, who all discreetly waves back and make suppressed coos.

jungkooks office was as boring and neutral as he remembers it; there is nothing warm about it, not even a plant or a family photograph that a normal person would put up to make the toom lively.

just like the last time, the omega deposits himself on the couch- mentally preparing himself to stare out of the large glass window and hear jungkook shouting at his employees for the rest of the day.

the day did went by exactly like that; except taehyung is now on his fifth strawberry flavored macaroon while sipping on his box of orange juice.

so while he now have delicious treats to eat, taehyung wonderfully tuned out all the raised voices thats happening behind him, content with the little treats he got to enjoy.