56. RENEGE

taehyungs bare foot dragged against the cobbles, tired legs having not much strength to stay up as kyungjae dragged him to the doors of the kim mansion.

nothing but dread pooled in the pits of his stomach at the sight of this home that had became a prison for him, nothing but pure hatred and phantom hurtings all over his body from all the abuse he endured for years from the inhabitants there.

his breath hitched when he heard a whimper from his pup who was in a stangers hand, and taehyung wrenched himself away from his father to wobble in his legs and forcefully take his pup to his own arms, securing the baby close to his body.

"pitiful as ever" the kim leader scoffed at his omega son.

taehyung watched through red rimmed eyes as his step mother descended down the spiral stairs; as always adorned in finest of the dresses and jewelry be it day or night and loops herself close to kyungjae.

"why did you bring him alive, yeobo. what use even is he to us?" the woman pouts at her husband as she adjust a strand of blonde hair behind her ear.
"look at him all miserable and ugly-- no one would even want him for another marriage" she faked a pity as her hatred filled eyes gazed at her step-son.

"we need to keep that alpha pup alive-- so cant get rid of him yet." kyungjae sighs.

"You promised me you'll let me go after the contract ends, Then why?" taehyungs voice strains as he protests against the kim men trying to grab him and his pup.

"keep an eye on him, will you?" kyungjae adds to his wife as he watched two of his men drag taehyung away to the omegas room, unbothered by the wailing screams.

"oh i will, darling" mrs.kim purred with a smirk curling on her red stained lips.

when a door was opened infront of him and he was pushed inside, taehyung immediately recognized his room even in the pitch darkness illuminated by the early dawn.

he heard the door being locked from outside and felt his shoulders slumping in defeat, then walking forward with the pup careful in his arms and laid the sleepy baby onto the middle of the bed.

it felt so claustrophobic in there, a musty scent pertaining associated with the unused room; so taehyung troted on tired legs towards the window in muscle memory, and felt up the wall to find the latch of the window.

but then his fingers met something sharp and he reflexively pulled his hand away with a pained hiss.

as more of the early morning light filtered in and taehyungs tired eyes became more alert, he gasped in horror, voice stuck in a shocked cry as he gazed ahead at the window.

there on the window latched firmly were barbed wires, it installed into the walls and traversing back and forth across the windows leaving barely any gap for him to fit even a hand.

he really is trapped here- they really locked him in like some animal, windows covered in sharp metal wires as if this room is some sort of a cage.

taehyung couldn't help but hiccup a cry as he nearly ran back to bed, pulling his baby to his chest, his only little comfort.
the omega felt as if he's being torn inside out, at having one of his pup being separated from him so early. he can hear his omegas wailing cries, his own physical tiredness and uncertainties.
oh how is going to survive this trial?

it was when sun was high in the sky did the door to the room rattled open with a force that had taehyung jerking awake from sleep.

disoriented he blinked his eyes, instinctively shushing the pup sleeping on his chest with a full tummy, and then looked ahead to see his step mother towering over with a hateful frown.