4"

Oksana Karkaroff guided Valentina through the crowds of people on the platform with a sour look and upturned nose, looking at people with a disgusted face

Oksana Karkaroff guided Valentina through the crowds of people on the platform with a sour look and upturned nose, looking at people with a disgusted face. Valentina just rolled her eyes, she thought the reaction was all very extreme and dramatic. It was only her mother and herself. Neither her father and brother had found the will to wave her off to Hogwarts, she didn't blame them, she didn't want to be there either.

As her mother muttered rude words about blood purity Valentina looked around the platform properly. At Durmstrang they didn't let in Muggleborns meaning that Valentina had little to no experience being around Muggles and Muggleborns. When she was little she imagined them with sharp teeth and red eyes with horns sprouting out of their head. Five year old Valentina would have been very disappointed to find out that everyone on the platform looked completely normal, just like all the pure bloods she knew.

"Oksana, Valentina" Walburga Black nodded as she approached the two of them

"Lovely to see you again Walburga" Oksana replied, barely a smile on her face

Valentina smiled at Regulus as he nodded in greeting, standing beside Walburga silently.

"The train is about to leave, I would find a compartment now Regulus" Walburga said turning to her son, "and take Valentina with you"

"Yes mother" Regulus replied quickly

"And remember everything you do reflects the reputation of the house of Black. Your brother has already besmirched our name, do not worsen our reputation further" As Walburga mentioned Sirius she turned to Valentina, hinting to Valentina that she better do as she was told.

Valentina tried to hold back her fifth eye roll since she arrived at the station.

"That goes for you as well Valentina" Oksana warned, "I want you to be perfect"

"Nothing to worry about mother" Valentina replied

"Good, now off you go. Hurry along"

As Regulus and Valentina walked through the crowds she watched the other mothers fuss over their children, checking they had everything while their fathers tried to tell their wives to calm down. Neither Walburga nor Oksana had shown any motherly love towards their children as they sent them away.

"So what's your problem then?" She asked breaking the uncomfortable silence between her and Regulus

"Excuse me?" Regulus asked looking at her perplexed

"I asked what your problem is. Your mother's got you on a pretty tight leash. Do you speak in your free time or only to say, yes mother"

Regulus' eyes widened before a slow smile pulled onto his lips as his uptight demeanour shifted and he left a laugh slip out, " you're not any better Miss 'nothing to worry about Mother' "