84"

Valentina couldn't explain why she had ended up outside Sirius' apartment block, it was the first place she had thought of

She needed to find Sirius.

Running to his flat door, she came to a halt, breathing heavily, Ivan still in her arms.

The door was wide open.

Like someone had left in a rush and forgotten to close it behind them.

Valentina rushed inside.

There was no sign of an intruder and everything had been left as it was.

The cushions she had bought him were still on the sofa and the photo frames she had bought him still stood proudly on the windowsill.

"Sirius!" she screamed, "Sirius?...Sirius, where are you?!"

There was silence, other than the cries of Ivan and the broken screams emitting from Valentina's throat.

Her screams of pleading were hoarse and desperate.

"Sirius Please!" she begged, her voice cracking and tears falling down her cheeks  "Where are you? Please... Sirius"

A sound of a person approaching caught her attention and she spun around frantically, hoping to see Sirius' face.

"Remus!" she gasped placing a hand over her heart, rushing towards him, "Thank merlin you are here. I can't-"

Valentina paused and a gasp left her lips.

"Put your son down Valentina, I do not wish to hurt him" Remus said monotonously, his wand pointing directly to Valentina's chest

Remus watched the women in-front of him carefully. Her eyes were red raw and panicked. She looked almost manic.

Valentina backed up, holding Ivan tightly whom still wailed and cried.

She had no other choice.

Slowly she lifted him out of her arms and placed him onto the sofa. Ivan wailed louder and Valentina raised her hands in innocence, letting Remus know that she had not got her wand in her hand.

"R-remus what are you doing?" she whispered in fear, watching his face.

He seemed tortured.

"How long have you and Sirius been working together?" he asked firmly, holding his wand unwaveringly

"w-what?"

"How long?!"

"What? I haven't? I haven't been working with Sirius with anything?" Valentina choked out with a broken voice, "I-I don't know what's happening. What's happening Remus? All I know is that Voldemort is dead! Please Remus" she begged, "Please don't hurt me. I'm all Ivan has, please!"

Valentina noticed how watery Remus' own eyes were as he slowly lowered his wand with a shaking hand.

She collapsed to the floor beside the sofa in relief, unable to support herself any longer. She picked up Ivan once again, holding him tight.

"Where... where is Sirius?" Valentina continued to ask, "Is he in trouble or hurt or-"

Remus shut his eyes as if he was in pain. He took a few moment until he was able to speak.

"...Sirius has betrayed us all"

"No, no" Valentina shook her head, "he can't have done he-"

Remus interrupted her with a firm shake of the head, "He has turned James and Lily in to Voldemort...they are dead. Peter... is dead"

Valentina shook her head in refusal, "No, no, Remus. You're wrong"

"He was their secret keeper, the only person to know the potters location after the fidelius charm was casted!"

Valentina continued to shake her head, "No. It can't be right, no"

Remus continued to nod, "Yes... Sirius has betrayed us all"

Valentina could barely comprehend what Remus Lupin was telling her. Her ears were ringing and there was a horrible thumping within her head. She held it with her hand, trying to find some relief.

"You, you thought I helped him do this?" she asked, looking up in a daze to remus

He nodded solemnly.

Valentina truthfully couldn't blame him, it all did look terrible,"and you knew I would be here?" she asked already knowing the answer, "You knew that as soon as I heard from Casper I would have come straight to Sirius?"

"yes" Remus confirmed

Valentina stared to Ivan in her arms, caressing his tiny cheek.

"Where is he?"

"With Aurors...on his way to Azkaban"

Valentina couldn't look anywhere but her son. She stroked his cheek and savoured his soft skin under her touch.

"But-but he couldn't have. Its Sirius, Remus. Sirius!"

Valentina had thought she had experience her heart breaking before.

She was wrong. So wrong.

It had not felt the same as it had in that very moment.

It felt as if parts of her bones were fracturing off and stabbing her chest repeatedly and unforgivingly. How could he do that? To James and to lily? and to Peter? It didn't make sense. Sirius wouldn't do that.

But he did.

He did do that.

Valentina herself felt utterly betrayed.

All this time he had deceived her.

Valentina didn't even know who Sirius Black was anymore.

She loved him. Sirius Black was the love of her life. And he betrayed them. He betrayed her .

Was everything she know a lie? Did Sirius even ever love her in the first place?

Valentina's head was spinning and she felt so nauseous it was causing her vision to become all blurry. Suddenly feeling extremely faint, she beckoned Remus over, softly handing him Ivan. Valentina only saw the worried look of Remus through burry eyes before the world around her turned pitch black.