45"

The next day Valentina had pulled out her mirror from under her mattress

She had wanted to see how Sirius' quidditch match against Hufflepuff had gone.

She just wanted to speak to him in general.

Looking at herself in the mirror she called Sirius name, "Sirius?"

Nothing

"Sirius? are you there?"

Nothing

"Sirius? Hellooo?"

Nothing

Valentina sighed and put the mirror back under her mattress, laying back down on her bed.

She thought it was strange, Sirius always answered her straight away.

She guessed she'd just have to wait until potions later that day. Luckily, it was next.

Valentina was anxious to get there to see if Sirius was alright.

She sat in her usual spot at her desk at the back and looked around in confusion. The time was ticking on Professor Slughorn had started teaching and Sirius still wasn't there.

It wasn't unusual for Sirius to be late to lesson but Valentina thought it was extremely strange to see James, Remus and Peter all attending.

Perhaps he was ill?

Perhaps he got in a fight and he's in the hospital wing?

perhaps he's just skipping?

Perhaps Avery got to him?

Valentina was suddenly feeling very worried.

For the entirety of the lesson Valentina hadn't listened to anything that professor slughorn had said, her mind racing with explanations.

Cordelia had noticed something was wrong when they walked to defence against the dark arts.

"what's wrong with you?" she asked

Valentina shook her head, waving it off, "I've just had little sleep is all"

She looked at her suspiciously.

Valentina was intrigued to see if Sirius would be in their next lesson of defence against the dark arts.

She was relieved to see Sirius sat in his usual place in the back with James.

He looked fine.

He didn't look Ill or anything.

Valentina tried to catch his eyes as they always did.