35"

Sirius was once again looking at Valentina from afar

She was sat at the front of the classroom in Ancient runes with Cordelia and a Ravenclaw boy while Sirius sat at the back with Remus.

He watched as the boy awkwardly asked her if she had a spare quill. Valentina simply nodded and got one out of her bag.

To anyone else Valentina looked cold and unapproachable but Sirius had seen her soft side. He saw that she wasn't immune to emotions and he was able to see her sensitive side the previous night. He supposed the alcohol she had consumed had contributed to her emotional and vulnerable state.

"You're staring at her" Remus said beside Sirius looking between the two of them

"I'm not" Sirius said quickly

"Why were you staring at her?" Remus continued, looking at him quizzically

"I wasn't staring at her moony" Sirius explained, "just looking in that direction"

Remus looked at Sirius blankly, unconvinced, "Blimey she's not your next target is she? she's engaged Sirius"

Remus shook his head, knowing Sirius' reputation with girls.

Sirius shook his head, "I'm pass all that, i'm not interested in it all" he waved off

"oh?" Remus asked, Raising an eyebrow, "how come?"

Sirius shrugged, flicking his quill inbetween his finger, "ready to settle down mate"

Remus looked at Sirius suspiciously, "With Valentina Karkaroff?"

"Keep your voice down moony!" Sirius hissed in a whisper

Remus' eyes widened significantly as realisation hit him.

"Valentina?" he whispered glancing between them both, "Valentina Karkaroff? and you?"

"yes, yes" Sirius whispered, trying to keep Remus from speaking too loudly in his shock.

"wha- I don't understand" Remus started, "You hated her? When did you even start speaking? I have so many questions. Does anyone else know?"

Sirius ran his hand down his face, "only James"

"None of Valentina's friends?"

Sirius eyes widened, "are you mad? we'd both be hexed into oblivion if any of Valentina's friends knew, never mind her family"

Remus nodded understandably, "Just be careful"

Valentina hadn't spoken to Sirius in what had seemed like forever. In reality it had only been a day. They hadn't had potions that day and so missed out on the gentle touches under the table and small glanced and smiles they discreetly sent each other.

Her favourite part of the day was when darkness fell and everyone had fallen asleep. This meant she could see him.

Sirius, James, Remus and Peter were all in their dorm room. He supposed he may as well tell Peter what was happening as the other two boys had known.

Peter looked somewhat terrified to learn this information, Valentina was intimidating and cold and extremely pretty. Peter could help but be a little bit terrified.

"But I swear, she's nice lads" Sirius insisted looking at their apprehensive faces, "she's so different to them all, she's a lot nicer than she lets on to"

"how do you know?" Peter asked

Sirius couldn't answer truthfully and mention the Diadem no matter how badly he wanted to. He couldn't risk Valentina's safety. what they was planning to do was dangerous.

"She figured out Moonys secret at the start of the year" Sirius said simply placing a hand on Remus' shoulder as he paled significantly, "she's seen us transform into our animagus forms"

The boys mouths hung open

"she what?!" they sang simultaneously

Sirius held his hands out, trying to calm them down and make them lower their voices.

"she's known since she started here and has she snitched? No" Sirius reasoned, "Moony, has she treat you differently or called you names or anything whatsoever?"

"no" Remus shrugged simply

"Exactly" Sirius said, "Anyone else from her house would of been quick to go to Dumbledore and call you names"

Remus and James looked to each other and shrugged, they guessed Sirius was right.

Peter looked a bit more cautious.

"Let her come to my birthday party next week" Sirius said, "meet her then, and i'll promise you'll like her"

The boys had all agreed.

Sirius realised there was only one problem, convincing Valentina.

"You did what?" Valentina asked flabbergasted as her and Sirius met at the astronomy tower again

"No offence Sirius, but you and your friends have the biggest mouths at Hogwarts, Soon the whole school will know"

"They won't, they can keep a secret and they will" Sirius reassured taking her hands in his, "Come to my birthday party in the common room  next week. You can meet them. Show them what you're really like"

Valentina sighed, Sirius still holding her hands hopefully, "I don't know Sirius, it's dangerous. What if people recognise me or my Slytherin friends wonder where i've gone"

"Just tell them you have a detention" Sirius replied simply, "and no one will recognise you or say anything, they'll all be too drunk to care"

Valentina looked down to her shoes apprehensively.

Sirius held her chin, lifting her face to meet his, "please
Val, it's my eighteenth birthday. I really really really want you there"

Valentina rolled her eyes, "fine! fine!"

"Thank you" Sirius smiled, placing kisses all around Valentina's face quickly making exaggerated 'mwah' sounds

"Get off you weirdo" Valentina laughed, pushing Sirius away from her. He towered over her and she looked up to him sweetly, "shall we get a hot chocolate?"

Sirius laughed, "I thought you'd never ask"

He grasped Valentina's hand and their fingers slipped together.

"I can't wait to show you off to everyone" Sirius said in the distance smirked as they walked out of the tower

"Shut up you are so embarrassing"

—————————
A/N

I've just shifted Sirius birthday to a little bit later in the year.

I've been writing as if Christmas was coming soon and forgot abt Sirius' birthday and I wanted to include a chapter on it, so i'm just pushing it backwards a bit to fit in xxxxx