90"

18 June 1996

18 June 1996

Valentine had done her waiting. She had spent years loving Sirius Black in secret and years secretly hating him.

She was done hiding and she was ready to just be with him.

But now she was ready, she was desperate.

Every week for years she had spent asking Sirius when he thought the time would be. He would always reply with a kiss on her head and a reassuring 'soon'.

Valentina quickly came to realise the 'soon', was not in fact soon.

"But can't Dumbledore do anything?" she would ask

Sirius would always sigh and say that Dumbledore has far too much to worry about that Sirius' reputation.

All that came crashing down on 24th June 1995.

Voldemort had apparently returned, well... according to Harry Potter rather than the ministry of Magic.

Avery had returned to the dark lord.

Valentina had noticed although Casper had failed to mention so.

Valentina once again had felt as lonely as ever with Ivan in school.

Sirius had given up Grimmauld place as headquarters for the order of the phoenix meaning that Valentina, more often that not, had to make herself scarce.

Valentina herself was absolutely terrified. She had spilled the Dark Lords secret to the enemy, many years ago. She feared she would pay the price.

Sirius had been terribly busy, though made sure to assure her that she still meant the world to him. Valentina found it hard to believe that she meant more to him than perhaps the order did, or Harry Potter. But she understood, after all, she was not the woman who lived.

At the end of the day, when Sirius' name was cleared, they'd be together.

After all these years, they still loved each other and Valentina was sure she always would.

That evening she was cooking a meal in Grimmauld place and had finally plucked up the courage to plan to tell Sirius about what she knew, what Regulus had shown her. She would tell him over dinner. Sirius was in the front room, reading a book.

Valentina would have never guessed that Sirius would ever take up reading when they were young. In Azkaban there was nothing to stimulate the mind. It was something Sirius had taken for granted.

Valentina had promised him they would see the world. They would do anything and everything, make up for lost time.

"Sirius' It's ready!" Valentina started making Sirius enter the kitchen, kiss her appreciably on the forehead and take a seat