47"'

Valentina had left the common room early the next morning and had gone back to the room of requirement, pulling up the slab and stuffing the box containing the diadem into her bag

Valentina had left the common room early the next morning and had gone back to the room of requirement, pulling up the slab and stuffing the box containing the diadem into her bag. She briskly made her way to Ravenclaw tower before students had started to awake and prised up a floor board, hiding the diadem with in.

She watched the Slytherin boys leave the common room for quidditch training that morning and snuck into their dorm room.

Valentina opened the door slowly, making sure no one saw her enter.

She scanned the room searching for Avery's bed. It wasn't difficult, his name had been carved into the wood above it. Pulling the note out of her pocket she slipped it under his pillow.

Sirius had awoken early along with the other Gryffindors. James had woken them up extra early that day as he wanted to train before the Slytherins got down to the pitch, much to Sirius, Remus and Peters dismay.

Sirius once again poured over the map intently, "There's no way!"

"What is it?" remus asked raising a skeptical eyebrow, knowing who he was looking at on the map, "Sirius, you know this is basically stalking at this point" he sighed in amusement

"she's there" Sirius spat

"And where is there?" Remus mocked making Peter snicker

"Slytherin boys dormitories" he said in disgust, "She's in Avery's dorm. She's actually in that twats dorm!"

"Alright, calm down" Remus shushed

"she's probably stayed their over night" Sirius jumped to a conclusion irrationally

"She won't have padfoot" Remus replied, not truly sure if what he was saying was correct

"It's early in the morning" Sirius explained, "Why else would she be there if she hadn't spent the night?!"

Remus sighed rolling his eyes walking over, "let me have a look" he said, peering at the map, "Avery's isn't even there. Look, he's on his way down the the Quidditch pitch" he reasoned

"Look" peter piped up, peering at the map, "she's leaving now"

Valentina checked both ways before stepping out of the dorms and making her way down to the common room. Breathing a sigh of relief she caught cordelia and the pair of them made their way down to breakfast.

Sirius was seething. Unable to see anything other than the worst possible situation as to why Valentina would be in the Slytherin boys dorm so early in the morning.

It hurt him. How could she move on so quickly?

It proved she didn't love him like he did her.

He felt stupid. He should've known her type from the start.

He felt stupid for being in love with her.

Valentina and cordelia had met up with Violetta, Severus, regulus and Avery, Rosier and Mucliner at breakfast after they had finished their training.

Loud laughter rang through the air and Valentina knew which obnoxiously loud group of boys were about to walk through the doors.

Regulus and Severus similarly seemed to recognise it. Both turning to pull a face at the four Gryffindor boys that strutted into the hall for their breakfast. The boys expressions were one of distaste but Valentina was able to notice a difference between them.

As per usual, Valentina's eyes followed Sirius who piled a spoon of scrambled eggs onto his place. He had a sour look on his face making Valentina assume that something had well and truly pissed him off. It reminded her of the face he'd get when he saw her and Avery together.

Avery had noticed her zoning out and leaned over, throwing a casual arm around her shoulder, "Everything alright val?"

"Yeah of course" she smiled back sweetly.

"Look at them" Sirius seethed, "how he's got his arm around her. She definitely stayed there last night"

Remus and James gave each other a look while peter looked as though he didn't really care.

"Look Sirius" Remus said, "They're betrothed to be married. It's inevitable their relationship is going to have to change and grow at some point"

James nodded in agreement.

"If you love her as much as you say you do mate, nothing is stopping you from going to get her" James shrugged

Sirius shook his head, "She doesn't feel the same about me as I do her"

James looked put out, " I don't know Karkroff well, but from what i've seen, she really really likes you pad"

Sirius looked to his shoes, "I wanted to be with her, but it all just feels like a lie. If she loves me like she claimed to have, then she would have told me. She wouldn't have lied to me"

Remus and James sighed in despair.

"your call mate"

———————
A/N

i'm sorry if this is shit, I'm writing this still absolutely trollied from christmas xxxxx