43"

Valentina's christmas was a miserable affair

Most of the time her Father and Brother had been out the house leaving Valentina alone with her mother.

She supposed even death eater business didn't stop for christmas.

Her time at home had consequently been extremely lonely.

Avery had seemingly thrown himself into being a death eater and Valentina had overheard that he was actually doing a fairly decent job at it.

She could almost laugh out loud. The only thing he's good at is being a death eater. It was typical.

She had received a couple of letters from cordelia and violetta and Spoken to Sirius a handful of times. But it wasn't the same as in person and she was glad to be on the Hogwarts express on her way to Hogwarts.

Sitting in the great hall, Valentina's eyes had instantly found Sirius who was sat at the Gryffindor table as always, laughing with James, Sirius and Peter.

"Come on lads" Sirius begged, "Just scram for a few hours and the dorm will be all yours again"

"Absolute no way" Peter shook his head

"who knows what you two would be doing in there" Remus reasoned, shrugging his shoulders

"It's alright for you lot" Sirius scoffed, "Prongs you can see your girlfriend whenever, Moony you won't ever get a girlfriend at the rate you reject people and Wormy, you're terrified of females"

The boys rolled their eyes, "there no need to be so bloody dramatic" Remus replied

"You have three hours" James sighed, "No more than that"

"what are we supposed to do for three hours" Peter whined

"I smell a back to school prank" James smirked

Valentina had never been so excited to hear Sirius tell her through the two way mirror that they had a couple of hours alone.

She had made a lie saying she would be at the library for a few hours and not to disturb her.

She had quickly found herself in Sirius' arms after quickly sliding into the common room without being seen.

"I missed you" Sirius said cheekily, smiling down at her

"I missed you too" she replied, pushing his hair out of his face, "Why do you look even more handsome from the last time I saw you?" she hummed

"Ah, it just happens, what can I say" Sirius shrugged jokingly

"I hate giving you compliments" Valentina rolled her eyes, gently hitting Sirius on the shoulder.

Sirius laughed and pulled her back into him, "I've genuinely missed you so much Val, I thought I was going to die without you. James had nearly hexed me from the amount I was apparently speaking about you"

Valentina laughed loudly.

"I love you Sirius" she smiled sweetly, cupping his cheek with her hand, "so much"

"I love you too, so much" he smiled back, placing a loving kiss to her lips.

Valentina's heart had never felt so happy. But at the same time, it felt heavy.

Like she couldn't truly be happy.

The pair of them laid on Sirius bed and Valentina laid her head on his chest as he ran his fingers through her hair.

"So" he started, "how was your christmas?"

"Strange" She replied, "Most of the time it was me and my mother"

Sirius felt like she needed to say more, she had something else she wanted to say.

"Val, what happened?"

"Sirius, you're... you're not going to tell anyone are you?"

Sirius didn't know how to reply, he couldn't promise to that, especially not knowing what Valentina was going to say.

She carried on anyway, "I met the dark Lord on christmas eve" she said with a breath

Valentina felt Sirius tense up.

"I'm fine, I mean, it had nothing to do with me but... he was in my house and..."

"And what?" Sirius said comfortingly, urging Valentina to continue

"and they joined the death eaters"

Sirius closed his eyes and sighed.

"But you're alright?" he asked

"Yes, i'm alright"

"That's all I care about" Sirius replied, "I don't care about what that twat Avery and his mates do. I only care about you"

Valentina wasn't sure if she should tell Sirius, yet she felt she owed it to him, "What about Regulus?"

Sirius didn't answer for a few moments where they both laid in silence, "I could've helped him" he said finally

Valentina sat up and made him look at her in the eyes, "It's not your fault"

"It is" Sirius said firmly, "If I hadn't of left then-"

"Sirius Black, you listen to me right now" Valentina demanded

Sirius had stopped talking and raised an eyebrow, somewhat amused at Valentina's stern voice in this serious moment.

"Your job is not to protect him, Regulus may be your little brother but he has his own mind. You made your choice and Regulus made his. Regulus chose a different path and now he has to follow it"

Sirius listened to her words carefully, as she laid back down and rested her head on the previous position of Sirius chest.

He may not of been able to stop Regulus from that life, but he'd die trying to stop Valentina.

"anyway" Valentina continued, attempting to change the topic, "how was your christmas?" she asked

Sirius face lit up.

"Amazing. Christmas at the potters is always amazing" he said happily

Valentina was so genuinely happy Sirius had a friend like James.
Sirius was lucky to have someone like him

"I spent the whole time thinking of you though" he said, flipping Valentina over, hovering over her, "I couldn't get you out of my head, I can't get you out of my head, ever"

Valentina looked away as a blush crept to her cheeks.

Sirius gently moved her face back so they were staring deep into each others eyes, "Let me look at you"

He gently connected their lips. Valentina couldn't help but notice how perfectly their lips fit together.

She sighed at the feeling of perfection she'd always felt when Sirius kissed her.

He felt it as well.

Their kiss turned more passionate and hungry as if they was deprived of each other and Sirius hands were all over Valentina as if he could never have enough of her, like he was ravenous.

Sirius groaned in desperation as he looked down at her adoringly, "You're everything Val"