77"

Valentina had never loved anything more than waking up beside Sirius

Valentina had never loved anything more than waking up beside Sirius. Feeling his strong arms around her body holding her close and feeling the bare skin of her chest pressed against the bare skin of his. Their body's tangled in sheets clinging onto each-other like they would perish without the feeling of one another. She loved the feeling of him gently peppering kisses from her lips, to her jaw, to her neck, to her collar bone.

Valentina just loved the way life was with Sirius.

It was simple but it was everything she could have dreamt of.

She could have had it all, it was so close to her. She could have reached out and grasped it was so close. But there was always something that was pulling her back.

Sirius placed long kisses to Valentina's stomach and she smiled down at the sight.

"Sirius Jr?" Sirius asked, looking up to Valentina questioningly, "I think Sirius Black the second has a nice ring to it"

Valentina just smiled back to him weakly and Sirius continued to whisper to her stomach, to her baby growing inside.

She had absolutely no idea what to do.

If Casper was the father it would be simple. She'd be able to carrying on living without a terrible guilt on her shoulders. But in exchange for the lack of guilt, a blanket of pain would lay heavy on her heart. She wanted Sirius to be the father. She wanted her child to have the same kindness, the same bravery, the same loyalty, the same fierceness. She wanted them to have a good dad.

Sirius would be the perfect father.

At the same time she found herself dreading that Sirius was the father.

What would she do then?

The child couldn't go by the name Black, it would be too dangerous for all three of them. She'd have to lie to Casper, live her life as a lie and call her baby an Avery.

Valentina would have to raise her child away from their true father, away from Sirius. She would have no choice but to create another web of lies. It felt horrible, bringing something so innocent into such a messy and dark situation.

She didn't know if she could call her baby an Avery if it was Sirius'. It would break Sirius' heart to do so. She would go through her own heartbreak for Sirius and her baby, but she couldn't break Sirius' heart like that. She couldn't do it.

The thought of Sirius never being in their Child's life crushed her.

It absolutely devastated her.

There was no way around it. Valentina couldn't bring the baby around to visit, it would be too suspicious.

Either way, Valentina prepared herself for a broken heart.

Sirius had noticed that Valentina had seemed to drift off in some sort of daze, and by the tortured look on her face, it had seemed to upset her deeply.

He hated to leave her in the flat alone whilst he went to the order meetings and on missions. When she was left to her own devices, where did her mind go? Sirius would never know but every so often he would catch her day dreaming and notice the anxious expressions obviously visible upon her face.

Sirius sat up and moved beside her, pushing a strand of her hair behind her ear, snapping her out of her own thoughts and making her look at him.

"Valentina, I might not know what you are thinking exactly but you do not need to worry about the future" he said quietly, "Stop and be here with me as we are right now. And when the future does come, I will be in exactly the same place in which I am this second, right beside you, ready to help you with anything you need"

Valentina could only look at him with appreciative eyes. If she attempted to say anything she feared she would break down into tears.

Pressing her lips to Sirius' deeply she couldn't even comprehend how much she relied on him. Sirius was her rock and she had no idea how she had ever gone eighteen years without him in her life.

She pulled back and rested her forehead upon his.

"I love you Sirius, you know that, don't you"

Sirius had noticed Valentina's reluctance to say those few simple words since they had left Hogwarts. He had said them plenty of times since they had graduated but he had never heard Valentina utter those words in return. But she finally said it. She finally came out and said it.

"And I know that I haven't told you in forever. It's just because Im scared of what it means. But I do, I love you. And I need to you remember that always. Even when it may seem that I don't, I need you to remember this conversation and remember that I love you"

Sirius smiled at her, their foreheads still joined, lips inches apart, "I know Val, you don't have to tell me... I know" he reassured, "And I don't have to say this for you to know that I will forever love you in return"

The pair of them had spent the rest of the morning in bed, talking of much lighter topics, such as some of Sirius' and the marauders' pranks at Hogwarts, before the afternoon had rolled around and Valentina had forced Sirius out of the door to the order meeting.

She didn't mind him leaving, she had her own business to attend to that afternoon.