75"

Sirius had awoken fairly early which he thought was strange, especially since he spent the night next to Valentina

Sirius had awoken fairly early which he thought was strange, especially since he spent the night next to Valentina. He noticed he always slept better when she was near. It was like he never actually had a good nights sleep when she wasn't.

On rolling over, expecting to feel her warm body against his on the other side of the bed, he rolled onto a cold and empty space.

He looked around the room in confusion.

Getting out of bed he threw on a t-shirt and some joggers and started to look around his apartment, fearing she had left or something bad had happened.

"Val? Val! where are you?"

A small voice came from the bathroom saying his name, it was barely a whisper.

Sirius entered and stood in the doorway as he spotted Valentina.

She was sat on the floor on the bathroom, her back against the sink with her head in her hands.

He rushed over and kneeled infront of her, taking her hands away from her face and into his.

"Val? What is a matter?" he asked in concern kissing her hands

Valentina looked up with red eyes, it looked as if she had been crying for some time.

"Im such an idiot" she said weakly.

Sirius was majorly confused but didn't say anything and let her continue.

"Such an idiot!" She said in a sob, tears building up in her eyes

Sirius couldn't take it, "Val, you're not an idiot" he said wiping the tears from her cheek

"I am, I've known for ages. I've been trying to convince myself for a month or two that Im not but I am. Merlin I'm so stupid, Look at me!"

Valentina felt Sirius' hands go limp as he came to the realisation.

She was just about to beg him to stay with her and not get up and leave when Sirius gave her hands a reassuring squeeze.

He didn't leave. He didn't leave her on the floor of the bathroom and he didn't look angry.

Valentina only saw the usual loving gleam in his eyes.

"Do you know? You know... who's it is?"

Valentina shook her head, more tears building, "Im so, so stupid and reckless and stupid"

Sirius shook his head, "No val, stop it"

He didn't drop her hands and didn't walk away like she expected him to.

"Its true!" she said from the floor, "Look at me, its all my fault! Look at where we are Sirius!"

Sirius sighed and sat down, gathering her into his lap and stroking her hair comfortingly.

"Valentina, this is exactly where I want to be. I don't think I would rather be anywhere else"

Valentina looked up to him, still with watery eyes," You're not angry? That it may be Caspers?"

Sirius shook his head, "I love you completely and will love your baby, or, our baby fully"

Sirius had ran Valentina a bath to help her relax and calm down and he sat beside the tub, reading her a book she had recently picked off the shelf of books, he himself, had never intended to read. He couldn't stand reading, it was mind numbingly boring but he didn't mind if it was for Valentina.

Valentina closed her eyes as she sank deeper into the warm water, letting the bubbles bob against her chin and her hair flow in the sweet scented water.

She interrupted Sirius reading, "You won't tell anyone will you... that it could be yours Sirius?" she said nervously, "Its just that if it got out... they'd hurt him, and me of course, but it's him I care about . They'd hunt us until we were dead"

Sirius sighed, "Val, you're not stupid, but thats a stupid question. Of course I won't. And it's a boy, is it?" he said with a small smile

Valentina shrugged, "gut feeling"

"Is there any names you have in mind?" Sirius asked as Valentina turned around, allowing Sirius to apply some shampoo to her hair, washing it softly for her.

"Im not sure" she admitted, "Ive been putting the idea off, I didn't like thinking about it"

"You don't have to know yet, you have plenty of time" he reassured

She turned around to look into his eyes, making Sirius stop massaging her head, "Im scared Sirius"

"I know" he said, cupping her cheek leaving a hand-shape on her face of bubbles, "And that's alright. And I will be here for you forever and for whatever you need"

Valentina had headed to St Mungos for a check up on the baby to make sure everything was fine whilst Sirius had gone to an order meeting. He refused to go at first but Valentina assured him that she would be perfectly fine on her own and Sirius couldn't come with her to the hospital anyway.

The doctor had assured her that every was fine and explained that her late symptoms and only a small amount of show were perfectly normal. He had confirmed that Valentina was in-fact two months along.
Valentina had considered asking about a prenatal paternity test but thought against the idea. It was too risky; her and Caspers wedding had been all over the daily prophet, who's else's baby would it be? It would be sure to cause a scandal. Plus, she didn't know if she could take another shock. It was all happening at once and she didn't know if she could cope with knowing the answer. She figured she'd know when the baby was born.

For the rest of the afternoon she had time to contemplate and relax, lounging around Sirius' flat . She would do anything for her baby, quite literally anything. Perhaps her life would not be quite so lonely now. She had a forever friend now.

She had someone else to purely, genuinely and unconditionally love.