57"

Valentina laid on her bed reading a magazine Violetta had leant her the other day while the other two girls were in the common room

For some reason she had gotten out the mirror and placed it beside her magazine. She must have know Sirius was about to appear.

His face in the mirror caught her eye.

"Alright Val?" he smirked

Valentina rolled her eyes with an amused smiled, "Hello Sirius" she replied, "Is there anything I can help you with at all?"

Sirius smirked.

"Not like that you freak!" Valentina laughed

Sirius laughed in turn, "I'm joking" he confirmed, "Just thought we could have a chat. I've missed speaking to you" he simply said

she'd missed speaking to him as well.

"How are you feeling about NEWTs?" he asked

Valentina gave him a look as if to say, really?

"Sirius, it wouldn't even matter if I failed my NEWTs" she explained

"I know that" Sirius said, "But I asked how you feel" he repeated

Valentina took a second to answer, she could tell Sirius how she truly felt.

"Okay" she started, "I just really want to do well. To prove to myself that i'm capable. That if push came to shove I'd be able to get a good job and support myself. I just want to find out if I'm good enough"

Sirius listened and understood.

"Valentina I can tell you for free , that you are far more than capable"

"I know I just... need to see it written on the paper"

Sirius sighed. It was stupid. He hated that Valentina didn't see herself as he did. He knew she was one of the smartest students in their class and she would absolutely have no trouble in the exam.

"How do you feel about it all" Valentina countered

She could see him lay down on his back on his bed, holding the mirror up to his face.

"I'm not that fussed" Sirius replied

Valentina laughed, "a typical Sirius answer. Never too stressed about anything"

Sirius smiled, "There's no need to be. I've got my small bit of inheritance from my uncle Alfred. I'll get a small flat and a job and I'm sorted.That way I'm out of the Potters hair. I always feel so guilty being there and giving them nothing in return. Anyway, Remus recons that the exams won't be hard. I think i'll be alright"

"that sounds like a nice plan" she hummed, "you better invite me round" she joked

"Oh you'd always be welcome val" Sirius replied, "what's mine is yours"

"how very kind of you" Valentina said teasingly

"I've been know for it" he shrugged, joking along with her, "I think i'll need your help with it. It will need a woman's touch. I would ask lily but her taste is a little too feminine for me"

"Oh so i'm masculine am I?" she teased raising an eyebrow

Sirius rolled his eyes, "you know what I mean"

"don't worry I'd love to help. When I have time to slip away of course"

Sirius nodded.

It was hard for him to imagine life after Hogwarts, unable to see Valentina whenever he pleased and always know she was there and safe.

He guessed he'd just have to get used to it.

Sirius told Valentina everything. The next thing that came out of his mouth he had considered mentioning a few times but thought against it. But it was Valentina. He could trust she wouldn't say anything.

"well..." he started, "after graduation I do have a couple of plans before I get a job"

"Oh?" Valentina said interestedly, "such as?"

"Dumbledore approached us, a couple of us Gryffindors. Asked us if we'd like to join the order of the phoenix"

"the what?" She asked

"A secret resistance... against the dark lord" he dropped his voice to a whisper

Valentines eyes widened, "Sirius you shouldn't be telling me this! What if someone finds out! Some of the people that work for the dark lord are trained Legilimens!"

"they won't find out val. I trust you. In fact, they may already know now"

Valentina considered this for a few moments.

"So... you'll be fighting. Fighting against the death eaters and things" she asked with worry

Sirius nodded eagerly, "finally get what's coming to them" he said with passion

Valentina didn't know how to feel. She loved Sirius and  the thought of him being hurt or worse terrified her. But her Father, Brother and fiancé were death eaters.

She felt like she was in a limbo between the two sides of the war. She didn't agree with the dark lords cause, she'd come to this conclusion. But there was no way out and her life revolved around the dark lord and the families that supported him.

Valentina knew she had to choose a side. She just didn't know if she had the strength to choose the correct one.

Sirius spoke suddenly ripping her from her thoughts, "Do you ever get angry?"

"angry?"

"yeah angry. Angry at the way everything is. The way it's turned out. After all these years, I finally want to settle down with a girl, an amazing beautiful girl who I've fallen in love with, and out of everyone... she's the furthest out of reach. Because we are who we are, we can't properly be together"

"Sirius" Valentina said softly and soothingly, "You know I will forever love you, and you know I will forever be here for you. But this is why we cannot be together. We would resent ourselves and each other for simply who we are"

"Love can't be wrong Val" Sirius reasoned

"No, but it can be trouble"