meeting the parents gone wrong (N.R)

your pov:
i look over to my right  and see my girlfriend of 11 months tap her fingers on the stirring wheel as she follows the sat-nav to my parents place.It's obvious that she is nervous this is the first relationship Natasha has ever wanted to last and i'm happy it's with me but meeting the parents is always scary and Nat definitely seems up tight about everything,i see how she is zoned out so i place my hand over onto her thigh,her head snaps towards me and then back to the road "don't worry darling they will love you" i reassure her but it doesn't seem to work "what if they don't ?" she speaks at a rapid pace "seriously babe,you risk your life everyday and this is when you are  scared to even speak at a steady pace" i speak with a sarcastic manner to try to lighten up the atmosphere,she shoots me a look to show she isn't happy and i quickly save what i just what "i promise they will love you nat just like i do" i give her a warm smile and place my hand on hers.

We finally get to my parents house and Nat reapplies her red lipstick "you look so hot right now" i say admiring the red head,she leans over and gives me a kiss. Before we get out of of the car her work phone starts to ring,i groan whilst pulling away from the kiss,i sink back into my seat as Natasha answers the phone,after 5 minutes, I signal to nat that i'm going to go inside and she mouths sorry to me whilst still on the phone.

After catching up with my parents Natasha finally walks in and introduces herself to my parents,after a quick "hello" and "how are yous" she ask if she can speak to me alone,i walk her to the kitchen, "what's wrong ?" i ask moving her red hair strands out of her eyes "work is asking me to go help them" she sighs and looks at my face to see my reaction "oh" i say not sure if it's bad that i feel annoyed that she has to go in,it's selfish of me as she saves the world and i want her to risk that just to spend the night with me as a normal couple.

"i'm so sorry y/n,i'll make it up to you" she speaks holding onto my hand "Natasha i understand how important your job is but i really thought we could have a normal night" i state rubbing my temples trying to think what i'll say to my parents. "I know darling,but i really have to get going i'll be back in a couple of hours" with that said she kisses my forehead and walks out towards the door explaining to my parents and giving her apologies,i hear the door shut and i take a deep breath and walk back into the living room with my parents.

After 3 hours i decided to text Nat

i power off my phone in annoyance,but carry on talking to my parents they ask about wanda which is my best friend and asked if i should invite her round to cheer me up a bit,so that's what i did

40 minutes later Wanda arrives with gifts for my parents as she sees them like her own parents which i love how my family is so caring in every way.

"hey baby" wanda whispers in my ear whilst hugging me, "hey wanda" i greet her as i'm so happy to have her right now especially how Nat has bailed for work.

"mum me and wanda are going to get the pizza you ordered" i shout and leave the house with wanda during are car drive to dominos i rant about how Natasha always going on about work first before anything and Wanda as the good friend she is listens to me unlike Nat.

"She does really love you y/n,it's just she's never done it before for the whole relationship thing just give her time" she tells me whilst we grab the food and head back.

after eating the food i decide to text Nat saying to let herself in as we are all going to bed but before i could,i hear the front door open and i rush to the door and Nat had flowers in her hand and a card, "hey baby i got you something" she says and limps towards me, "nat why are you limping" i ask and turn on the lights and see her body all bruised, "what the fuck natalia" i shout whilst running to her side, "i'm fine seriously it's just a scratch" she says brushing me off.

"Wanda" i shout and she comes out of the living room, "what's wrong love" she asks me and then her eyes widen at the sight of my girlfriend, " help me get her upstairs onto a bed please" i grunt whilst holding up her limp body "y/n i said i'm fine" she says annoyed and i roll my eyes and move away from her side and watch her whole body drop from being weak and see her attempt to get up "really you call that fine ?" i speak frustrated at the state she's in right now, "why couldn't you of just stayed fucking home" i say feeling sad this is how my girlfriend gets treated like this everyday doing her job.

Me and Wanda lift her frail body up to my old bedroom and my mum passed me the first aid kit and left us two alone as everyone went downstairs to give us some privacy. "i'm just going to clean up your wounds" i speak gently and grabs a cloth cleaning up her face "i love how i'm dating a doctor" she speaks smirking,i lean down and kiss her cut lip and she winces in pain,i pull away quickly apologising, "i'm not a doctor but my dad is so i'm going to call him up" i say and leave her alone while my dad checks her out, "don't worry darling she'll be okay" my mum comforts me and hands me a coffee, my dad called me upstairs and i rush over seeing if everything's okay "is she okay" i say, "yes Natasha will
be okay she just needs to be careful with her movement and working out is banned for a week".

I thank him and go towards her side "hey princesss" she greets me and i roll my eyes and crawl into the other side of the bed resting next to her. "I love you so much" she says wrapping her body around me, "nat" i croak and she hums in response "is work really more important than me" i ask sheepishly "no never i'm sorry,i've just been stressed i promise you work will be less intense and i want to redo this and treat your parents out for dinner in a couple of weeks love" she whispers into my ear.

she leans over and kisses my lips softly not wanting to hurt herself, "my parents love you don't worry" i reassure her and she slowly drifts off in my arms.