Chapter 2: Surprise visit

It had been a couple days since the music video shoot and you were sitting in your hotel room on your laptop. You were going through the photos you took and you were quite impressed with yourself. You got some wonderful shots of all of the boys. But you kept finding yourself pausing on the shots of Jake. And then you realized you had about 3X as many photos of Jake as you did anyone else. "What's wrong with me?" you thought "that's not professional." You tried to get him off of your mind, deciding to hop in the shower. You had another long flight later on today, you were following the boys to Atlanta for a set. About halfway through your shower, soap still covering your body, you heard a knock on the door. You scramble to rinse off and wrap a towel around yourself before peeking through the peep hole. You're surprised to see Jake standing outside of your door. You crack it open and say "Hey Jake! What's up?" .. "Bad time?" Jake asks. "No not at all, come in." you say as you pull the door open for him. Why did you say that? It is a bad time. Why are you letting him in? Jake doesn't even seem to notice you in a towel as he struts over to the bed and plops himself down. "I was hoping to see the shots you got of the music video." He said excitedly. Shit, you hadn't deleted the excessive amount of Jake pictures you had yet. "Uhh, they're not quite ready yet, Jake." You retort. "Well damn. I was excited to see what you could do" he gives you an almost evil smile. He was challenging you. "You will soon enough. Be patient." You told him as you made your way back to the bathroom. "One sec while I get dressed!" You called out. A few moments later you emerged fully dressed in black leather pants and a Greta Van fleet hoodie of course. "Nice sweatshirt" Jake smirks. "So what now?" You say, not sure what to do since your pictures aren't exactly viewable right now. "Well I got a free afternoon. What do you want to do?" Jake asks, almost implying that you will be spending the afternoon together. There it is again, goosebumps. Thinking about spending one on one time with Jake made you feel like you were on cloud 9. "You want a drink?" You ask him as you walk towards the mini fridge. If you were going to be alone with Jake, you needed a drink. "Vodka cran" he says while he leans back on the neat stack of white pillows. You nod. You begin making the drinks when you notice Jake has his eyes dead locked on you. "What?" You ask shyly. "Nothing. I just like watching you make my drink. You're like my own personal bartender." he jokes. You grab a lime from the fridge and squeeze it into your cocktails as you knew he had done before. "Ooh, nice touch." He said sounding genuinely excited for his drink. You handed Jake his vodka cran, brushing your fingers against his as you did. He immediately took a sip. "Phenomenal" he stated. You took a gulp of your drink, let out a small sigh and asked "So, what do you want to do, Jakey?" Shit, you called him JAKEY. It just slipped out, you didn't even mean to. "Jakey?" he asked with a smirk. "Sorry, I don't know why I called you that" you tried to make a joke of the situation but to your surprise Jake didn't look mad. Instead he had a hunger in his eyes. "That's quite alright darling" he said in his best British accent. God that was hot. "Jake, I.." he cut you off "Listen, I like you. You're talented, beautiful, and you make me laugh, you're my... my special... my midnight" Jake says, clearly joking but never breaking eye contact. God those dark, seductive eyes pierced your soul. You felt a shiver run down your spine and you refused to look away either. You felt yourself gain a confidence you didn't know you had in you when you slowly walked over to where he lay on the bed. You sit yourself next to him, but still facing him, "I like you too, Jakey".