Chapter 23 - The Keys

You awoke to Jake softly kissing your cheek and caressing your hair. The best way to wake up. You turned towards him and pressed your lips to his, wanting to drown in him. "Good morning baby" he said, his early morning voice still husky. "How are you feeling?" He asked with the utmost sincerity. "Mm, cramps" you responded. Jake carefully placed his hand over your lower abdomen, rubbing circles over your skin to help soothe you. "I think we need to tell Josh.." he said. You groaned at that "ugh I know...". Jake pressed his forehead against yours "You know, this might be crazy, but this whole thing has made me realize something.." he kissed your forehead as gently as he could "you would be the most amazing mother.. and I wouldn't want anyone else in the world to have my babies". You felt a warmth in your chest, and you wanted to cry. "I love you Jacob Kiszka" you said, grabbing his head and planting small kisses all over his face. "I love you too angel." Jake stood up and grabbed a towel "I'm going to shower and then I'm going to head out with Sam for a bit. I'll be back in time for the party." He winked at you as he stepped into the bathroom. You laid there contemplating your entire life. What Jake said really struck you. You thought about what it would mean to start a family with a rockstar. To have his babies, and to give him that. You were so madly in love that it almost hurt.

Hours had passed and you began getting ready for the party. The boys partied a lot and you weren't complaining. It was always a good time with them. Tonight's outfit of choice definitely wouldn't be a white dress. Instead you went with black skinny jeans, a green flannel, and some black Chelsea boots, knowing damn well Jake would appreciate those. You heard a light knock on the door. "Come in" you said. Sammy opened the door "Hey you! I just wanted to see if you had a moment to talk." He smiled at you. "Of course Sammy, what's up?" You said sitting on the end of your bed. "I heard about everything that happened. I just wanted to check on you, make sure you're okay." Oh sweet Sammy. You nodded "It's been an emotional roller coaster that's for sure, but yeah I'm okay. Jake's been wonderful to me." Sammy nodded in agreement with you "Yeah Jake really loves you, that's for sure. Speaking of that..." Sam paused, reaching in his pocket and pulled out a key, handing it to you "this is for you." He said. "Sam, what is this?" You asked giggling and genuinely confused. "You'll see" he said smiling as he walked out, leaving you completely perplexed. It was a typical Kiszka thing to be so cryptic. You put the small bronze key in your pocket and finished getting ready. You knew that if Sammy was back, Jake was probably down stairs. You headed downstairs and into the kitchen where Danny and Sammy were attempting to make a plethora of cocktails. That was always a sight to see. They were hilarious together. "Hey girly, long time no see!" Danny exclaimed, reaching his arms out for a hug. You wrapped your arms around him and squeezed "It's so good to see you Danny." You said. "Do you think you could make me a drink?" You asked. "Absolutely, what would you like?" You thought for a moment "Hm, surprise me. I trust you." You said. "Oh don't say that!" Sammy said laughing and playfully hitting Danny on the arm. "Hey you." You heard Josh's voice. Josh walked into the kitchen, his new lady not far behind him. "Hey guys." She greeted everyone and everyone greeted her. All smiles, but you couldn't help feeling a little threatened. "Can we talk for a moment?" Josh asked you. You looked at his girlfriend and then back to him, a little concerned "Sure." You agreed. You followed Josh outside to the porch swing and had a seat next to him. "So, I just wanted to let you know that even though things have changed recently and even been a bit rocky, I will always be here for you..." he patted your knee "you're part of the family now". You gave Josh a smile. It was nice to hear that from him. Even though you had your weird moments together in the past it really felt like you two were drifting apart and that was devastating. "Thank you, Josh. I really appreciate that." Josh quickly stood up and began digging in his pockets "Oh and before I forget, this is for you." He said, handing you a small bronze key. "What is going on? Am I supposed to know what these are for?" You asked, even more confused at this point. Josh just winked at you and went back inside, giving you no explanation or even hint as to what was happening. You walked back into the kitchen and Danny handed you a glass, "it's a Long Island iced tea" he said giving you a villainous look. "Trying to kill me?" You giggled and took a sip. Josh's girlfriend walked over to you and immediately pulled you into a tight hug "So good to see you again! How are you doing?" She said. She was definitely just as peppy as last time, and she smelled like peaches and shampoo. You couldn't tell if you were jealous of her or intrigued by her. "I'm good, how are you?" You asked, a little more blandly then you meant. "I'm doing really good, I'm excited for tonight! It's a big night." She said. "It's a big night?" You asked. "Shh!!!" Sammy aggressively shushed her. "Shit, sorry" she said, giggling. Josh walked over to the record player in the living room "WE NEED MUSIC" he shouted putting on a Hendrix album, you weren't sure which one. You looked over at Danny "Where's Jake?" you mouthed. Danny nodded his head prompting you to come over to him. "He's almost here, he's running errands. Can I talk to you for a second?" Danny asked. 'If it's another key, I'm gonna lose my mind' you thought. "Of course." You said following Danny out back. Here you were, back on the porch swing. "So I know we aren't as close as everyone else, but I really want you to know that I think of you as family. You are wonderful and I'm glad Jake has you." He said giving you a kind smile. "Awh, thank you Danny. I appreciate and love all of you so much." You said, taking another swig of your drink "this is fantastic by the way" you held up the Long Island. Danny chuckled reaching his hand into his back pocket. Here we go, another key. He pulled out a small bronze key just like the other two and handed it to you, with a huge grin on his face. "And I'm guessing you're not going to tell me what this is for?" You asked. He just laughed and went back inside. You were so confused. You pulled the three keys out to see if they were identical. They weren't. Mostly the same color, but definitely unlocked three different things. Was this a game? You decided to smoke a cigarette before heading back inside, hoping that by the time you finished Jake would be home.

You went back inside to find the kitchen and living room completely empty. Where did everyone go? You took a quick look around, but couldn't find anyone. There was a lock box on the kitchen island that hadn't been there before. You knew immediately, one of these keys had to open it. It had to be one of the keys. You pulled them out and picked one, pushing into the keyhole, but it wouldn't rotate. You picked a second key, bingo. The lock clicked and you slowly opened the box, absolutely terrified for what would be inside. You were so perplexed. It was a.... vodka cran with lime? There was a note attached to it.

'Baby girl, the first day we spent together is a day I'll not soon forget. Your beauty immediately struck me. Your spirit penetrated my soul. I knew right away I wanted more of you. I know you wanted a vodka grapefruit juice, but I hope the vodka cran I made for you was just as satisfying. Can't forget the lime. Oh, and you have a cute snore. -Yours forever, Jake.'

You felt tears well up in your eyes. What was Jake up to? You held the note to your chest, set down your Long Island, and picked up the vodka cran, taking a sip, bringing yourself back to that first day with Jake. You remember being so in awe of him. Everything he did gave you goosebumps. Every time he got near you it was like electricity. You slowly looked around, not seeing another lock box, let alone another person. "DING DONG" you jumped, not expecting anyone. You made your way to the front door, peering out of the peep hole, but nobody was there. You opened the door and saw another lock box placed on the welcome mat. You picked it up and brought it inside, setting it next to the first. You tried the first key again, and were successful. You took a deep breath before slowly opening the box. Inside was a key to a hotel room, and immediately you knew exactly which one. This one was also accompanied by a note. You pulled the note out of the box, and carefully unfolded it.

'Angel, do you remember our last tour together? You were hired on to be our photographer and I hadn't seen you in two years. I have to admit, I was so nervous. When I found out it would be you, I couldn't help myself. I thought about you everyday for months leading up to seeing you again. When I saw you in that hotel lobby, my knees were weak, and I could have cried. I had missed you so much. That night in that hotel room, our first time, is a night so dear to my heart. You looked like you were painted by the Gods. Every touch felt like heaven and I knew then that I loved you. -Yours forever, Jake.'

Okay, now you were crying. You grabbed the hotel key, kissed it and placed it in your pocket, taking another sip of your vodka cran. Jake set all of this up. You just wanted to hold him, to kiss him, to tell him you loved him. Where was he? There was still one lock box left, at least that's what you thought considering you had one more unused key. You looked around the living room and kitchen, but were unsuccessful in finding another box. Just then, your phone rang. It was Jake. Your heart started to beat out of your chest, why were you so nervous?
"Hello?" You answered.