1: You need Help?

POV: Akira

School, people dread it, run from it, but yet is arrives all the same.

We just had our Midterms, so a weight has been lifted from everyone's back mostly. I myself, never had one on me though. I scored 100's on all of them.

I of course knew that though from the start. School has been a breeze since high school, since I started taking my studies more seriously.

Before that, I wasn't smart at all, but now I get 100's on everything.

*RIIIIIING*

Time for lunch.

————————————————

Akira: May I have the rice bowl please.

Lunch Lady: Here ya go. 

Akira: Thank you.

But no matter how many good grades I get, I'm still poor.

The bowl of rice is the cheapest thing on the menu, and I'm good with just rice.

My family is poor because my asshole of a father ran away with most of the family's money when I was younger.

My Mother works hard all the time just to live at the house we stay in. My younger sister also tries her best to get money too, but she also tries in school.

I myself have given up on working, mostly since I'm weak and jobs for people my age mostly need manual labor. Something I don't have. Instead I work my brain so one day I can become a rich doctor and have money to take care of my family.

Ah, my seat waits for me. Nothing is better the sitting and eating by yourself. I will take this time to review my essay I got back today.

Hmm, the writing, looking back on it, isn't the best, but it still got a perfect score. The teachers much be getting lazy grading. The spelling mistakes are out of this world, how did I not see this before.

If I want my writing to improve, I need to work on my spelling. English is easy but writing it is different. It's a whole different wo-

???: Akira Hara.

Akira: Ah, oh, well isn't it Futaro Uesugi. Go ahead and take a seat if you want.

Uesugi: Oh, ok.

He pulls back the chair across from me and sits. He puts his tray down as well.

Akira: Ah, is that the barbecue combo, with no barbecue?!

Uesugi: Yes it is. You get rice, soup, vegetables, and water for the same price as just rice.

Akira: I thought so, but I didn't think they would allow the barbecue combo with no barbecue. Good to know.

Uesugi: It isn't filling but it does the job. At least better then just the rice.

Akira: I've been content with it, but yours sounds like that better deal. More logical at that.

Uesugi: Of course. Are you going over your paper?

Akira: Yea I am. I'm surprised I got a perfect score with my mistakes.

Uesugi: The teachers are doing a poor job grading recently.

Akira: Just what I was thinking.

Uesugi: May I?

Akira: Knock yourself out.

I hand him my paper. Although we are talking rather nicely, it's actually rare for us to do it. Uesugi is an extremely smart kid like me, so I respect him highly.