18: Playing Hooky

POV: Akira

Hmm, never thought I'd play hooky. I've normally never skip a day of school unless it was if my sister was sick or something, but today it was a personal day.

I left the house earlier today so I don't have to tell Akina. I don't want her to think of me like some loser.

And I told my mom and of course she was on broad. Not like she ever went to school when she was younger.

She said not to worry about anything and have a good time, so that's my plan. I will do what I want today and just have a me day. Hmm, never actually had one of those.

Hmm, coffee sounds good to me. I'll be walking the streets today and all so it's good get some caffeine.

Akira: Black coffee, 3 cream and 5 sugar.

I'll treat myself today since it IS a me day. I've been making money from the tutoring, and it technically is MY money so.

What else should I do? I could use this day as a little field trip. I could go to a museum or go in the city to draw the landscape. That would be peaceful. Yeah. This is a me day and it's going to stay that wa-

???: Ichika is this why we left early?

Ichika: What can I say, I like my coffee. You should have one too Itsuki.

Itsuki: I don't like it.

Ichika: Try it, please.

Itsuki: Fine, I'll try it. . . Mmm, dang it's actually pretty good.

Ichika: Told you.

CRAP!!! The last thing I need is the girls here!!! Come on, the day just started!!

Itsuki: Do you want a drink?

Ichika: Do you want Yotsuba to bounce off the walls.

Yotsuba: No I'm ok.

Itsuki: Yeah I can see why you wouldn't like it.

Yotsuba: What's that supposed to mean?!?! Give it to me!!

Jeez is this her first time drinking coffee? I didn't like it the first time but now I have to have it. Wait no she had espresso that one ti- Ah, did she even drink it that day, or was it Nino?

Ichika: What do you think?

Yotsuba: EUURRHHH!! BLAAAAA!!

Itsuki: Is it really that bad?

Yotsuba: MHM!! Not good!

Ichika: Here you go.

Yotsuba: Oh thanks. Ah, do you smell that?

Itsuki: Smell what?

Yotsuba: Hmm, I swear I smell Kira.

AH!! SHE REALLY IS A DOG!!! I gotta get out of here! The door is right there, I should be fine. There we go. Outside, never thought I'd want to be here. Anyways, let's get goin- Ah!

Akira: Oh, sorry, man I've been bumping into people like crazy. 

???: Akira?

Akira: Ah, Miku?!

Miku: Are you ok?

Akira: Ah, I should be asking you that. But yes, I'm fine.

Miku: Me too. How come you aren't in uniform?

Akira: Oh, this. . . We have some time before school starts, so I'm getting something to drink ya know.

Miku: Oh, ok. You should really get changed and head by to school. We have time but not a lot of it you know.