4: Helping Miku

POV: Akira

Well, after that, we actually just walked in different directions. I think Uesugi still wants to go over their house to study though. I would have rather we be done for the day but it's whatever. I start to head over there.

This time I'm alone. Of course its the one day that's cold and raining too. I didn't know the weather would change this quickly. This sweatshirt isn't doing me any good. I just need to get there faster. I'll just jog a littl- OOF!!

???: HEY, WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOI- Ah, Hara!

Damn I bumped into Itsuki. Wait why is she even out here?

Akira: Oh, itsuki, I'm sorry.

Itsuki: Why are are running? Wait where is your umbrella? You're all wet. And that jacket isn't warm enough!

Akira: Ah, it's ok. I forgot to look at the weather today so I wasn't dressed properly.

Itsuki: Jeez you think since you were smart you'd be on this stiff. You know your phone tells you all of this.

That would be helpful if I had a phone. My mother has one and wanted me to get one but I didn't want to trouble her. I don't need to contact anyone but that might change soon. I called my mom up on the payphone at school to tell her I got the tutoring job, and if I stay later then I normally do, getting a phone maybe isn't such a bad idea.

Akira: Yeah I should have looked at it.

Itsuki: Well... you can walk with me ok.

Akira: Really!? Thanks.

Itsuki: And don't get the wrong idea. This is just so you don't get a cold and get my sisters sick. That's it.

Akira: I can care less about the reasoning. How come you didn't walk home with your sisters?

Itsuki: Well I had to get help with a teacher.

Akira: How about you study with the rest of us. Your grades are good, so if were to join us you can improve greatly.

I was planning on leaving Itsuki and Nino to Uesugi, but I might as well help out if the time is right.

Itsuki: I'm not studying with any of you.

Akira: I get what Uesugi said was bad and everything, but you know you yourself need help, so it would be helpful to just go home and study there instead of waiting after school.

Itsuki: Don't tell me what to do. You could be walking in the rain if it wasn't for me.

Akira: I know. And if I can I'd like to repay this by helping you. If you really despise Uesugi then you don't have to work with him but at least work with me. No disrespect but with a look of your Midterm scores you have to see you need more help.

Itsuki: I do so that's why I stayed at school longer.

Akira: Not as long as you need to. You probably just asked a question and left. That's not learning. Please, ask me. I'll do a one on one with you if you don't want your sisters to know even.

Itsuki: Why do you care so much!?

Akira: Ah.

Why do I care so much? I'm not her friend, hell, I don't even know her. We might as well be strangers. I'm forgetting that not everyone has the personality of Yotsuba and Ichika. People who are nice to everyone and Miku who wants to learn as much as she can. I've talked to those three already, but me and Itsuki haven't talked at al- wait, now I know.

Akira: Well, I'm helping your sisters. I don't know you. We rarely talk and our first encounter wasn't what I had planning, but I got to help Yotsuba yesterday. After Uesugi asked for my help I was scared I wouldn't do any good, but your sister came up to me today saying she used what I taught her. It made me feel good that I was able to help, and see how she wants to change her grades. I can tell you also want that, but they won't change if you keep doing what you're doing. I'm not going to make you study with me, or drag you down with the rest of us, all I'm gonna do is tell you that I will do my best to help you. You can make your decision from there. I just want to help you. That's why.