20: Track and Field

Akira: I feel like a creep watching her from a distance.

POV: Narrator

Akira: Who I'm their right mind would have track meets around this time. They have to be crazy.

He sits on the roof of the school overlooking the track field.

Akira: I feel so dirty, but I don't know what to say to her if I was down there.

At the moment, Futaro is making sure Miku and Ichika aren't getting out of studying.

If you want the timeline, the day Akira is doing this, is the same time of Volume 5, Chapter 38, The Living Room Confession.

Akira: If I did, she'll just brush me off, but, I'm not going to get anywhere if I stay of here.

He gets up and walks down the stairs from the roof. After getting to the ground level he walks outside to the field.

Akira Thinking: Well I'm here now. I have to come up with some kind of excuse to talk to her, or the team captain.

???: Ah, hello?

Akira: OH AH, H-Hi!! 

???: Can I help you with something?

Akira: Oh, ah. . . No, no, I'm ok. I think I'm good.

???: Then do you mind leaving?

Akira: Ah, oh, um, actually, can I speak to the captain of the, um, track team?

???: Well your talking to her now.

Akira: OH SHI- ehm, ah, cool. Um, I'd like to ask you about these practices. Ah, how, um, many do you think there will be?

Captain: Mmm, all week I'd say.

Akira: ALL WE- Ehm, all week?

Captain: Yes. We have a meet and we need the practice.

Akira: Ah, your aware that finals are coming up right, like, final finals.

Captain: I'm well aware.

Akira: So Ah, why every day?

Captain: We need the pra-

Akira: Yeah I heard you the first time but I mean this is big you know. Some of your team will be third years after this and some of them might need to study for these test you know.

Captain: Well if they are here they know what practice is. They know that this will take time out of their day and they do it.

Akira: Listen, your a third year, I get it. These test are not the biggest and won't change much for your college papers and even better if you aren't going to college, but some people on your team are and they need this.

Captain: . . . Are you a dad or something?

Akira: What no, I'm second year Hara Akira.

Captain: Ok Hara, are you on the student council?

Akira: No I don't trouble myself with that.

Captain: So, why are you concerned?

Akira Thinking: Wow this girl is a bitch.

Akira: Heh, wow, that hurts.

???: KIRA!!!!!! 

Akira: God have mercy.

Yotsuba: What you doing here Kira?

Captain: Kira?

Akira: Don't mind her, Yotsuba, I'm having a civil talk to someone, it's inappropriate to just interrupt.