Chapter 9

Song: Cornelia street- Taylor Swift

"What?" I ask, wondering if I'm actually dreaming.

"Donald is up Az, he came back to us" Shura cries with a smile and I get up from the stairs, running as fast as I can to the corridor and then infront of Gramps's ward. It is true, he is up. His eyes are open and he's leaning against the headboard while doctor Florence examines him. He doesn't see me but I see him and the teardrops that accompany my smile prove that this isn't a dream. Still, I pinch myself just in case. And it does hurt, but it's a beautiful pain.

I owe this to God. I run as fast as I can to the Chapel again.

"Thank you" I cry. "Thank you, thank you thank you so much."

Then and there, I get this epiphany; God does listen. He does hear us. But he does what he wants when he wants.

Hurrying back to the ward, we are all outside looking at him and I see him look at me at smile.

God I've missed him so much. I don't know what would've happened if he didn't come back. I have to tell Kacely.

"Zacchy?" I say when he picks up. "Gramps is up. He came back to me" I cry.

"Thank God" he replies with a sigh of relief just before Doctor Florence opens the door. "Is he ok though?"

"Zacchy I'll call have to call you back" I say and hang up before rushing in.

"Baby..." Gramps calls with teary eyes as I fall into his open arms, crying. Crying so hard I can't hear my own voice.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry I left Gramps. I'm sorry I put you through all this." I say and he shushes me.

"All that matters is you're back."

SHURA

Az cried and cried until she fell asleep. I managed to get her to sleep on the couch so I could have some alone time with the love of my life.

"Come here" he says and I walk towards him, before lying down on the space he provides for me.

"I missed you so much honey" I cry and so does he. "You should've listened to me, you shouldn't have gone. Look I almost lost you, we almost lost you."

"I'm sorry" he says and raises my chin. "I know better now" he says, right before pressing his lips to mine. God I missed kissing him. I miss the way he explores my mouth with his tongue and how his fingers feel in my hair. His hand grips my waist and I try to kiss him as much as I can without hurting him. He still has a drip attached to his hand. When we break the kiss, we are both panting lightly.

"I can't wait to go home and make love to you over and over again." He says and kisses me again, causing my body to heat up. God I missed this man.

"I can't wait either. I thought we'll never kiss again, that we'll never make love again, that you'd never hold me like this again or get to meet our baby..."

"I'm here now love, don't cry anymore. I won't go anywhere." He assures me and I exhale from the relief. "How's the baby?"

"Fine" I reply and pull on my nose.

"Have you been eating right?" He questions and I feel guilty.

"Yes... well honestly not as much." I confess and he lifts my chin, causing me to look into his eyes.

"Promise me that no matter what, you'll always take care of the baby, and yourself. That even if  I'm not there anymore, you'll prioritize the baby and yourself and Az. Promise me" he demands.

"I promise"

"Promise that you will eat right, you'll be strong"

"I will" I say and we notice my parents peeping from outside. "Mama, you guys can come in, right?" I ask Donald.