Chapter 28

Song- Alone by Alan Walker and Ava Max

KACELY

"Well is he?" I press

"No! No he isn't."

"I don't believe you. Right from the day I got registered at RCC, you two were acting suspicious. He would always tell me to greet you at school and then the exhibit at Edea, now this?"

"He isn't your father Kacely, I promise. Yes he and I have history, but he isn't your father. Your father won't be right under your nose and I don't tell you about it! I wouldn't disrespect you like that!"

"I still don't believe you"

"He isn't, I swear it. When I came for the survey of Cameroon to see if it would be profitable for D&S to invest, I met him and we hooked up and... we hooked up once again when we moved here."

"But he is married, isn't he? He said so during my interview."

"He and his wife are separated." She says in some sort of twisted defence.

"Yes but not divorce... and you are seeing someone"

"I wasn't with Pivaga when we hooked up the first time and he and his wife had been apart from months at that time, even before you got enrolled in RCC. Forget all that talk about him wanting to get a D&S for his wife. He was trying to get me. Sometime later we did get together but that was before Pivaga. When Pivaga and I got together I cut all links with him and yes in Edea he tried to get at me but I didn't let him because I was with someone and I didn't want to ruin things for us. Pivaga and I had a big fight last week because his ex-wife keeps lingering around. She's always calling him and texting him, hiding behind the pretext of the fact that their son wants to see him which he kept entertaining even though I told him that I did not like it. He and I took a break, things happened and I ended up sleeping with Benjamin again.
Pivaga came to fix things, promising to limit his ex's intervention in our lives, he was acting all sorry and I did try to tell him but I could not so I kept it to myself. Unfortunately for me his friend frequents the same hotel Benjamin and I always used to meet at and he told him about it. That's when he came here, called me a slut in front of Afi and then you walked in." she says and starts whimpering.

Why is it seemingly so easy to hook up with other people even when we might have someone else we may love so much? For whatever reason we might find justifiable? Why do we let our bodies control us so easily?

Mom keeps crying but I guess I am too disappointed to console her. I guess it's due to the fact that my dad not being in our lives is because she cheated on him too. But then I can't just determine that. Maybe things were just meant to be the way they are. Even if that isn't the case, it is what it is.

But I know exactly how Pivaga feels right now. That is how I felt when Az slept with Ken back then. But calling mom a slut infront of me and Afi? Especially Afi... that is downright disrespectful. At least Az told me herself. But who am I to judge mom? I kissed Bryana during that same period too. I mean I was hurt, really hurt but I shouldn't have done that, especially not to Bryana.

At this moment, I realise that if Principal Mukefor was actually my dad, Bryana and I would be related.. she would be my aunt.

Jesus!

Thank God that isn't the case, too much has happened between she and I already. Honestly I could tolerate Bryana but the thought of Bryan and I having the same blood flow through our bloodstreams makes me want to run to a pharmacy, buy a dozen syringes and drain every drop of blood from my body. That boy is simply disgusting. I hope one day he gets what's coming to him.

I decide to stop being an ass and hug my mother. I comfort her, take her to her room and moments later, she falls asleep. However, even after I take my bath, I feel that void in me, that lack of complete identity because I do not know who my dad is. It has always been there and the older I get, the large the emptiness becomes. If Principal Mukefor isn't my dad, who is?