CHAPTER 36

I dedicate this chapter to my friend and personal braider RejoiceMefereh who bullied me for months because I didn't drop a chapter..😂😂 She's one of the ppl who gave me the right amount of pressure to write these few chapters.

Thank you for always reading hun🤗.

Here's the last chapter for the day. Enjoy!!
•••••••••

KACELY

Song: Under The Influence – Chris Brown

I chew on my half of the brownie and its like a chocolate cake, just a little bit harder and. Minutes pass and I wait for the effect to take over but nothing happens. How long does it take before the effect kicks in? I search on Google and it says it has to take at least fifteen minutes.

"Tsuippp" I muse. What will I be doing for fifteen minutes? Plus why has Avery taken so long? She brought me here and just left. I mean I know her friend got sick and I hope she is fine but agghhh. Saro too has been gone for what feels like hours. I open my palm and stare at his own half of the brownie on the foil paper. I pick the crumbs by the side and put in my mouth before yawning and throwing my head back. For second, the herbal flavour of the weed reminds me of Azs kisses. The warm flavour of them that was almost always laced with the sharp flavour of chocolate flavoured scotch.

"C'mon Kacely"

I shouldn't be thinking about this But wait its been fifteen minutes yet the effect of the brownie has not kicked in.

Mtcheww. Maybe that  Danquah guy is selling fake brownies. Or maybe I just have stronger resistance. Another ten minutes roll by and nothing happens. I have yawned at least four more times and when I check the time, it is almost midnight. I open the foil paper and I want to eat Saro's half just to occupy myself but I remember he said I should only eat half. What am I supposed to be doing now? I check the time and its been forty minutes.

"Abeg" I open the paper and throw the rest of it in my mouth. Its not like he doesn't have a whole pack of them anyway. I finish everything and wrap the foil paper before throwing it and picking on my teeth with my finger. So much for getting high. Avery finally comes out of the corridor and I decide Ill just tell her Im leaving.

"Zach, I'm sorry I was gone for so long. My friend was really messed up. She's allergic to seafood and she unknowingly ate pasta that had shrimps in it. She threw up so much that only bile was left."

"Merde is she OK now?"

"Yeah she is" I should probably tell her I want to leave

"Um Avery..."

"Yoooooooo!!!!! Somebody help me! Somebody help me mehnn!" A colored guy screams and runs into the room "Someone get me a doctor mehn I think Im about to die!" He sits on the floor for about two seconds and gets back up, trying to take off his tee while his jacket is still on. His face is as red as a tomato at this point and I am legit scared for him "Somebody call my mom up mehn!" he begs and starts crying as two guys try to help him. They hold him but he breaks loose, runs outside and a few moments later, we hear water splash and when I look out the window, he is in the pool.

"Chale Elroy can't swim!" One guy tells his friend and at least four guys run outside to his aid. At this point we all hurry outside to find him struggling for air as he tries to keep his hands and head above water, he was literally drowning! Three guys pull him out of the pool and another tries to get the water out of his system.

"What on earth happened to him?" Avery's schoolmate asks one of the guys who hurried outside as he walks pass us.

"Hmm my man ate a whole brownie on his own. And I'm surprised it got to him like that because Elroy is a freaking chimney. He smokes and takes edibles allll the time. I don't know maybe Danquah made this batch a bit stronger"