CHAPTER 35

KACELY

Song: Don't look down- Martin Garrix ft Usher

I don't know what is actually funny about this situation. Why is he smiling? Why would he bring Avery here even though he knows I'm avoiding her? I frown at him more intensely but he keeps smiling and it is pissing me the hell off.

"Zach can you move to the next chiar so I can sit beside Kobi?" Nancy asks and I soften my frown before taking a deep breath and doing what she requested. I look at Avery but don't say anything before looking straight ahead, I don't even know what to say to her. She sits beside me and I just keep looking straight ahead. I might have to follow up this basketball match after all just so I don't talk to her.

"Hey Zach" Avery says a few moments later.

"Hey..." I reply, looking down just before I start rubbing my thumbs together.

"How've you been?"

"I've been Ok..." I reply while still trying not to look at her. "What about... what about you? How have you been?"

"I've been better I guess." she replies and I feel her eyes on me. The green team scores and the crowd gets loud again, I turn to Nancy and Henry and guess what? They're kissing.

"Zach I just want to say I'm sorry for whatever I did yesterday that got you so upset and made you leave" she says and I look at her. "I didn't mean it... I promise"

"Heyyy" I say softly "You have nothing to be sorry for. You didn't do anything"

"Then why'd you leave like that?" she asks looking straight into my eyes and I don't have the words.

"I... I just remembered something and... it stroke a nerve. I just had to get away"

"What did you remember?" she whispers

"I can't tell you" I say while looking down at my hands before turning back to her. "But what I can tell you is that you did nothing wrong and I am sorry I made you feel so bad. I had to leave... I just couldn't... I couldn't help how I felt at that time"

"Are you sure?"

"I am" I tell her and she smiles faintly. God I don't like how this feels... "Who's winning?"

"Huh?"

"Who's winning? What team is winning?"

"Ahnnn" I muse and think about it for a second "I don't even know to be honest" I chuckle and she giggles.

"Did you come when the march had already started"

"No I was here from the start. I just... I just don't like basketball... at all. I wouldn't follow up the match even if I tried. I'll just zone out sonner or later."

"To be honest I don't know much about basketball either. If you see me watching a match it's because 50% of NBA players are hot as hell"

"Ayyyy!" I exclaim and she laughs

"For real... they're tall and fiiiine and rich and all sweaty with their tattoes and shit. Plus... we all know a guy being athletic and handsome is a generally attractive feature."

"Even girls who are athletic are generally more attractive"

"Hmm... meaning I lost points there. I can't do sports to save my life"

"Most girls aren't athletic" I smile and so does she before I look away again. I don't like how this feel mehhnn. I look at Henry and Nancy and they are all cozied up. Does he like her or he's just having fun?

"Do you play any sport?" Avery asks after about a minute later

"I swim... pretty well actually."

"That's nice..." she smiles "I heard there's an after party after this, will you go?"