27

It's a saturday afternoon

It's a saturday afternoon. I'm in the office because I wasn't able to keep up with my schedule lately.

Because someone insisted on distracting me everytime she was at work too. So I gave her this and the following week off work. I checked a mail that Matt just sent me when my phone beeps with a message.

Thanks for the flowers. They're beautiful. See you later. Love you ;)

Love you too. I'll be home in an hour. Put on something warm and wait outside the building with Tiago.

Putting the phone down after answering her I continue working for a little while longer. We still haven't heard from Ben. It's been three weeks. He has avoided us completely.

I don't care. I know he needs to be a baby for some time and then goes back to normal. But Delilah cares. She misses him. So I try to take her mind off of Christmas eve in two weeks as much as possible.

Sam and Maria invited all of us to their place to celebrate Christmas. That'll be the first time we will see him again. I'm actually scared too.

After finishing off the last mail, I turn off my computer and get out of the office. "Hey man, I'm out a little earlier. See you on monday." I say as I look into Emilio's office. "Let Del know I said hi." He tells me in response after I left.

It's raining. So I hope she's in warm clothes. I don't know why but I just felt like taking a walk in central park. Spend some time with her outside the apartment. And just hope that press will leave us alone.

Arriving in front of our apartment building, I spot her and Tiago on a leash. She looks gorgeous. Winter coat, those things that warm your ears and the boots she got from me.
Del lets Tiago jump into the trunk and then comes for the passenger seat. "Hey." She says as she pecks my lips before adjusting her seatbelt around her.

"What are we doing?" "Taking a walk in central. Just felt like it. Get our minds off of everything. Is that okay?" Of course it's okay. She's always okay with things I suggest.

I love her.
I really do.

"You know I love you right?" I ask her just to be sure. "I do." She answers me while smiling at me.

We've been in the park for half an hour now. Both soaking wet. Not the way I normally like it.

"Do you think he will ever accept this? Us?" She asks me. "Would you have second thoughts if not?" she sounds as if a relationship wouldn't make sense when he wouldn't accept it. "Of course not. I just- oh god. Tiago!"

Tiago wasn't on his leash because we let him run free a bit but then saw a little bit bigger space with grass where a small dog is standing. He loves little dogs but they don't like him.

Delilah is already running after him. So I place my thumb and pointer finger in my mouth and whistle for him. He doesn't even react to that. And then.. just when Delilah runs into the grass space, she slips and falls backward with her back being the first thing that hits the ground.

Why isn't she moving?

Holy shit. My whole body falls into panic when I see that she's not moving. Tiago is already with her. I run over to her faster than I can remember I've ever ran before. And as soon as I reach her I see how she wipes her tears from her face from all her laughing. What the fuck?

"Why didn't you get up? I think I my heart just slid into my pants." "Can you help me up?" She asks me while still laughing. I grab her hand and in the other second I'm on the ground too. And I start laughing a little because of the sight of her.

Her face is dirty from the mud and so are her clothes. Hair stuck to her face and she is still so fucking beautiful. "I love you so much." I tell her. "I love you too."

We got home after that, went for a shower and ordered food enjoying the evening together.

_________

Christmas evening.

I'm nervous. So is the gorgeous woman standing next to me, wearing a black dress, red lipstick and her hair up. I have to hold back everything inside me to not take her right here, right now. I will have to do that later at home.

But she's tense. So I take her hand in mine and caress it with my thumb to show her that I'm here.

"Oh you made it!" Maria says as she opens the door and pulls Delilah into a hug. "Hi mom." She says while releasing her from her grip. Maria does the same with me and after that we walk inside. It seems like everyone has been here before us. Even Ashley who uses to be the one always late.

Delilah stops in front of me in the middle of the room. Looking over her, I see how Ben gets up from his seat, walks over to us and pulls us both into a hug. "I'm sorry I was such an idiot." I can feel how angel's whole body relaxes when she hears rhise words and finally also wraps her arms around him. "Thank you, Ben."

The evening has been great. Del is talking with Ashley and I was just in a conversation with Emily when I feel someone rouch my shoulders. Looking behind me, I see ben. He jerks his head back, showing me he wants to talk to me. We get outside of the house and both lit a cigarette. "What's up?" I ask him while blowing out the smoke. "I just wanted to talk to you. Anout this... relationship."

"I really love her, Ben." "That's what I hope for you my friend. Because if you hurt this woman. I will make sure that there will only little Travinos step into this world because of Ashley. Don't hurt her."

"I won't." He pats my back before actually lulling me into a hug. "Then we're good..."

The rest of the evening went by amazing. We got the invitation for Ben's wedding in February and then headed home with her over my shoulder.

_________
Sooo the weddin's soon. What do you think is going to happen after it?

Comment your thoughts! Much love!