22

It has been a few weeks since that whole chaos happened. During those weeks nothing has happened. Megan's 'threat' to me at the party didn't happen all I got was dirty looks from the group to which I shrugged off.

We were now approaching the month of October which meant that Floch's birthday was coming up soon...

- A few weeks before Floch's Birthday -

It was now Wednesday Hitch and I was walking towards the cafeteria to get some lunch. Over these few weeks, we've both grown closer.

Close to the point where we hang out every day like during breaks, before/after school and even on the weekends we'd go out to eat or shop etc.

After all that happened last year, I never actually thought I'd get this close to someone in a short amount of time. At first, I was hesitant to do things with Hitch and I was sometimes nervous to speak to her as she was a very confident person. But she broke through those walls and managed to befriend me which I was very grateful for.

I do believe the reason Megan's group hasn't attacked me is that Hitch is always around me, she's like my little security guard even though she doesn't know that...anyways.

We were both stopped in our tracks when a familiar ginger-haired boy stood in front of us.

"Hi, Floch!" I greeted him cheerfully.

"Uhm Hey Y/n...and Hitch"

"What brings you here Floch? Here to ask your beloved Y/n on a date?" Hitch teased as Floch's eyes widened whilst shaking his hands dismissing her question.

"N-no that's not it...it's my birthday in a few weeks and I've invited both of you guys to my party,"  He said with a nervous look on his face.

"Oh sure Floch just message me the details and everything!" I replied which made Floch sigh in relief.

"Will-"

"Yes, Marlo and alcohol will be there Hitch" He interrupted her knowing what she was about to say.

"Right I'll be there just text me the details Floch"

"Can I have your number to do so?"

"Oh shit yeah I'm sorry," She says laughing whilst typing her number into Floch's.

"Alright that's all thanks...I'll see you later y/n?" He said walking away with a smile on his face. Cute...

"Y-yeah sure sees you, Floch," I said waving him goodbye.

"Why did you stutter y/n, is it because of a certain ginger" Hitch teased poking my nose.

"Shut up Hitch" I dismissed her question walking to the cafeteria not wanting her to overreact as usual.

- A week before Floch's Birthday -

It was the Saturday before Floch's birthday and I was kind of worrying that I hadn't bought him a present yet. So Hitch and I decided to go shopping looking for a birthday present and of course an outfit for the party.

As soon as we got off the bus I dragged Hitch inside the shopping centre and straight to the bookstore. I remember my conversation with Floch in the car a few weeks ago when he mentioned not owning many manga books and I wanted to change that.

-Flashback-

"You know I do like reading manga"

"But weren't you the one who judged me for buying 7 of them?" I questioned.

"Yes y/n 7 of them. Unlike you, I actually have control over my money and I don't spend it all in one shop" He scoffed rolling his eyes.

"Fair enough...what genre do you like then?"