FOURTEEN

***

Logan was walking the halls of Lake Forest High, her hands down by her sides as she turned into the office, seeing her younger sister sitting in the chair looking down at the ground. Logan crossed her hands over her chest and Amelia looked up at her older sister, and Logan saw the bruises and cuts on her face. Logan mentally cursed at herself for not taking Amy out of this school after the first fight she had gotten in, but with everything that was going on, Logan didn't have the time. Logan eyes widened and she spoke to the woman at the desk.

"How did she get those bruises?" Logan asked and the woman looked back down without saying a word and Logan squinted and leaned on the desk.

"Listen lady, I'm in the middle of a case right now and I came all the way out here to deal with the school's bullshit since you guys don't want to do anything. Who punched my sister?" She asked and Amelia stood up and spoke.

"Logan, please-" She said and Logan grabbed her hand and looked at the woman.

"She's done here. I'm pressing charges and be ready, I have connections." She said and walked out of the school with Amelia, who just followed where she was being dragged.

"Who did this?" Logan asked and Amelia shook her head and spoke softly.

"Logan please, it's not a big deal." She said and Logan raised an eyebrow and open the door to the SUV.

"Amelia, your eye is purple." She said and closed the passenger side door and opened the driver's side and got in.

"Do you need to go to Med?" She asked and Amelia shook her head.

"No way, Ellie is there." She said and Logan went to go speak but her phone went off and she groaned, putting it up to her ear and spoke.

"Kelly, not now." She spat thinking it was the firefighter but then another voice came through.

"Uh, not Kelly, it's Jay. I found something." He said and Logan closed her eyes forgetting about Lonnie's death for a split second.

"Okay, send me your current location and I'll be there soon." She said and hung up. She looked at her sister and then back on the road and drove out from the school.

As Logan stood in the elevator to Jay's apartment complex, Amelia was leaning against the side, looking down at her feet. Logan wanted to say something to make her feel better but couldn't find the exact words to use. She was soon pulled out her thoughts when the elevator doors opened. She walked down to the apartment number Jay gave her and she knocked on the door.

Before the third knock, Jay opened it and looked at Logan and Amelia, with a confused expression.

"Jay, this is Amelia, Amy this is Jay." She said briefly introducing them and Amelia raised an eyebrow.