TWENTY-NINE

***

Logan walked into the firehouse with a pissed off expression on her face as her hair was thrown into a lazy bun at the top of her head. She twisted her neck to the side, trying to fix the ache that was coming from her neck when she saw everyone standing in a circle. Her duffel swung by her side as she walked up to the front, seeing Welch, the man who caused her accident.

She looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

"What are you doing here?" She asked and he looked her up and down before speaking.

"I've been assigned to Squad 3." He said and Logan squinted and went to walk up to him, but Matt grabbed her arm firmly.

"Logan." He said, giving out a warning and Logan nodded and raised her hands up in her defense and Matt loosened his grip on her arm and she walked a bit ahead and the next moments passed by in a blur, as she cocked her arm back and landed a punch across the mans left jaw. He doubled over in pain and Logan went to hit him again but Kelly grabbed her, pulling her back.

"Take a walk!" He yelled and Logan ignored him and he looked down at her, his eyes darkening.

"Now, Rayner!" He yelled his hand still of Logan's upper arm and she snatched her arm away and glared at him.

"Oh yeah, I forgot, he's on Squad now, so you protect him right?" She spat and shook her head walking passed everyone and headed to the bathrooms to get dressed.

Logan walked into the Chief's officer and stared at the new chief that was taking over for Boden and she crossed her arms over her chest. She wore jeans and a grey knitted sweater as her hair was down in loose curls. Her bruised hand as showing as she looked at the man, Kelly and Matt standing behind her.

"From what I here you punched one of my firefighters." He stated and Logan nodded and spoke.

"Yeah, I did." She said and the man crossed his arms over his chest and spoke.

"That's not acceptable, don't make me take you out of this firehouse." He said and Logan tilted her head and spoke.

"I'm sorry, Chief Pridgen, is it?" She asked and he gave her a firm nod and she let out a chuckle.

"Right. So here's the thing, you don't get to make that decision, in fact, Chief Tiberg does and I'd be so very happy to get out of this firehouse, but the only reason I'm here is because of Welch. You aren't my sergeant and you aren't Chief Tiberg, but you can take that up with him if you'd like." She said and Kelly looked at Matt and then looked at the back of Logan's head.

"Excuse me?" Pridgen asked and Logan gave him a smile and spoke.

"I'd be happy to punch Welch again, but I actually have to get back to my job." She said and Pridgen nodded and then spoke.