SEVENTEEN

***

Logan sat in the ADA's office as her leg bounced up and down from being nervous. She was looking out the window as Matt Casey was in her thoughts as she heard about the head injury he received from working. She fiddled with her hands as she watched a bird pass by and the door opened and she heard the sound of heels. She turned and Evelyn looked down at her younger sister with a slightly opened mouth.

"Logan, what are you doing here?" She asked and Logan cleared her throat and spoke.

"I just wanted to know if there were any updates with the Jeff Clarke case." She said and Evelyn nodded and went to sit down in her chair and spoke, as she looked through her computer. She shook her head and spoke.

"Nothing new has changed besides him leaving on bail." She said and Logan nodded and stood. Evelyn reached her hand out before Logan could fully stand and she spoke.

"Let me know if you need anything else." She said and Logan nodded and walked out of the office and turned to leave to go get her sister from Kelly and Shay's shared apartment.

Ever since Jeff had been interrogated and told her to leave the room she had tried everything she could to make sure he was sentenced to the death of Hayes. As she had gotten the news about Matt she visited the hospital as often as she could like he had for her, but with her trying to put Amy in another school and trying to find her biological father she was starting to become stressed out.

She brought her hand up to the bridge of her nose and gave it a squeeze trying to remember what she was going to do about Amy's school. Kelly tapped on her window, causing Logan to look up and she gave him a small smile.

"You okay?" He asked and Logan gave him a nod and spoke.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I have a meeting with a school today and I don't want to be late." She said and Kelly nodded and gave Amy a kiss on the forehead.

"Aright, I'll talk to you both later." He said and Logan nodded and Amy looked at Logan as she sat in the front seat.

"Are you okay?" She asked and Logan nodded and began driving off to the school where she was going to meet with the principal.

She walked in the office with Amy next to her and the Principal smiled and spoke.

"Logan Rayner, is that you?" The old man asked and Logan was met with the principal from when she was a teenager. She smiled and gave him a nod.

"Oh my, I didn't know you switched schools." She exclaimed and he gave her a nod and spoke.

"Yeah, I did a couple years back." He said and Logan nodded and he looked at Amy.