FORTY-ONE

***

"That was stupid of you." Kelly said and Logan rolled her eyes and spoke.

"I had to get information." She said and Kelly rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"What if they killed you?" He asked and Logan watched as Matt and Dylan walked past Kelly's officer and she spoke.

"I had Mark with me." She said and he shook his head.

"And what if they killed him? What then? I can't lose you, Logan." He said and Logan breathed in deep watching how fast his breathing was and she walked over to him and stood on her tip toes-reaching her arms over his neck.

"You won't lose me." She said into the hug and he slid his arms around her torso and spoke.

"I know." He whispered and before she could say anything else- the alarm went off.

"Truck 81, Squad 3, Ambulance 61, person trapped. South Rockwell and 44th Street."

 Logan looked at Kelly and she breathed in.

"I'll go with you on this." She said and he nodded and they both rushed out of the office.

Logan hopped out of the squad's truck and saw Adam walking with two other officers and she ran towards him.

"Adam what's going on?" She asked and he pointed up to the fire escape and she saw Freddie.

"Freddie?" She asked and Adam nodded.

"Yeah, when you and Fuller went with Cruz they must have flushed him." He said and Logan grimaced and spoke.

"Hank knows?" She asked and he nodded and spoke.

"He's not happy." He said and she sighed and nodded.

"Okay, well let's make him our top priority. I'll go start with climbing the ladder." She said and Adam nodded and spoke.

"Be careful." He said and she nodded and pulled out her gun and went to climb the escape.  She got in front of Garcia and spoke, looking back.

"I got eyes." She said and he nodded and she watched as Joe went to bring him down. Logan mentally thanked whoever for her not having to use her gun and she walked down the steps and stood next to Kelly, watching Adam make the arrest.

"Do not say anything." She said quietly as Adam brought Freddie passed the couple. Kelly eyed Freddie- looking him up and down and watched as Adam brought him over to the cop car.

Logan turned to Kelly and looked up at him and spoke.

"Don't shave." She said and Kelly looked down at her with a raised eyebrow and spoke.

"What?" He asked and Logan gave him a soft smile and laughed.

"Don't shave. Let it grow out a bit, I like the scruff." She said and he shook his head smiling.

"I'm sure you do because of-" He said and she cut him off.

"Don't even say it." She said and he laughed and nudged her.

Her phone rang and Logan took it out of her pocket and answered the phone.

"Hello?" She asked and the sound of her older sister, Evelyn came through.

"Logan, grab Dylan we need to talk." She said and Logan nodded and looked around.

"Uh, okay. Where?" She asked and Evelyn gave her the location and Logan hung up , grabbed her twin and left.

Logan and Dylan walked into the hospital's meeting room, seeing Hank, Director Goodwin, Eliana, Evelyn, and Peter Stone. She furrowed her eyebrows and looked at everyone.

"What's going on?" She asked and Goodwin spoke.

"After a call the CFD got called on about a suspicious house fire, the patient was brought here." She said and Eliana spoke- her hands crossed over her chest.

"We found high doses of chemo being injected into the patient. So, Will Halstead, Choi and I looked to see how bad the cancer was. Come to find out- the patient never had cancer. So we called it in and now the FBI will be coming. They want to work with Intelligence on this case since there's been more than one case." She said and Logan nodded and looked at Hank.

"Okay, so let's do this." She said and the doors opened to the meeting room and a voice was heard.

"Sorry, we're late. I'm Supervisory Special Agent Azalea Morgan." A red haired woman said- the doors closing behind her.

Soon after, they opened again and the face that looked back at everyone in the room shocked them all. Eliana gave the woman wide eyes as Dylan stood there not being able to comprehend what was going on. Hank's mouth fell open as Logan felt her heart drop.

Evelyn raised both eyebrows and spoke.

"Mom?"