THIRTEEN

***

***

"Detective Rayner, Detective Fuller, my office." Sergean Webber said, as Logan looked up from her paper work, her dark brown hair moving along with her movements. She looked across her desk to a fellow detective and then stood up, walking after her boss, Mark following her movements.

She held her head high as she walked into his office, where Hank Voight man stood with short grey hair. Logan looked at her Sergeant and then to Hank Voight and spoke.

"Sir, I don't know why I'm in here, I finished my paper work from yesterday's bust." Logan said closing the door behind her as Mark sat down and Webber walked behind his desk and sat down, listening to the woman. He looked up at her and nodded.

"You're both being moved to Intelligence." Webber said and Logan's eyebrows furrowed inward and she looked at the man- who she knew as Hank Voight, standing on her right and then back to her boss.

"What?" She asked and Fuller spoke.

"We feel your abilities would be more useful in Intelligence." Fuller said looking up at her and Logan looked at the Hank Voight and then back to Webber once more, and then looked at Mark.

"With all due respect, who's 'we'? I don't know... really know this man." Logan said and the Hank nodded and spoke to her.

"You know me pretty well, Logan, I was also friends with your mother. Intelligence is my unit." He said and Logan squinted and looked over the man. After being in Special Crimes for a while, Logan knew that Intelligence was a somewhat good unit from all the busts they had. She looked at Webber and spoke.

"I don't think I'd be good in-" She said but he raised a hand and cut her off.

"You both are going to do good don't worry, you're going to be perfect for this job. They're not the middle of a case right now, so you'll be getting situated up there, you'll do great." Sergeant Webber said and Logan nodded and then looked at the Hank, who walked over to the door and held it open for her.

She stepped out, the older man following right behind her and then Mark followed him and she turned to look at him and then spoke.

"How did you know my mother?" Logan asked and Voight looked at her and spoke.

"We used to go back." Was all he said and Logan squinted, not buying what he was saying and Voight looked down at her and then to Mark before speaking.

"What do you two know about Lonnie Rodiger?" Voight asked and Logan grimaced and spoke making brief eye contact with Mark who was loving every minute of this.

"Not much. The case wasn't ours but I heard that he raped and killed an eight year old boy seven years ago." Logan said and Voight nodded and she tilted her head confused about why he was asking her that.

"Why?" She asked and he turned to her as they left Special Crimes and out into the hallway.

"One of my detectives is being pinned for his murder." He said and Logan nodded while Mark sighed and Voight walked up the stairs and opened the cage to let them into Intelligence. Once they made it up the stairs a brown haired women who Logan remembered from another crime scene and a man who Logan knew as Antonio Dawson stood and looked at Voight with a confused expression plastered on their faces.