TWENTY-SIX

***

"Didn't Voight say you were supposed to take it easy?" Adam asked as Logan and him were walking up to the apparatus doors with coffee in their hands. Logan turned to him and spoke.

"I'm just walking, Ruzek." She said and he glared at her and shook his head.

"C'mon, I don't want him to have my head." He said and Logan opened the door and stepped in seeing Chaplain Orlovsky holding a boot. Logan reached into her coat pocket and pulled out a fifty and threw it into the boot walking past him. Adam followed her movements, throwing in a forty. Logan passed by Kelly, keeping her eyes forward and turned to go to Matt and Cruz who were speaking amongst themselves as Adam went to speak to Herrmann.

"Hey, I just wanted to stop by and ask for a favor?" Logan said looking between the two and Matt gave her a small smile and nodded.

"Sure, what's up?" He asked and Logan breathed out and looked at him and then Cruz.

"So, I just got this Christmas tree from the store, it's six-feet this year and I was actually wondering if you could help bring it up to the apartment? It's been sitting in the mail hall and my landlord's a Grinch." She said and Cruz grimaced and spoke.

"Damn, sorry Logan, I'll be out of town."Cruz said and Matt furrowed his eyebrows inwards and spoke.

"I wish I can, but I have-" He said and Logan smiled and shook her head.

"Don't worry about it, thanks though." She said and gave them both smiles and her radio went off.

"Requesting police backup at 2300 W. and Lincolin, suspect is Evan Brown." The dispatcher said and Logan grabbed her radio and spoke.

"This is Detective Rayner with Ruzek, we're five minutes out and en route." She said and turned on her heel and sprinted out of the firehouse going after the suspect.

Making it back to the 21st district, Logan sat at her desk and sent a text to Otis, asking if he could help with the tree, which he responded to fairly fast saying he would be working overtime. Logan had reached out to Herrmann, Jay, Atwater and even Mouch who all kindly declined their offer saying they were busy.

Logan sighed and placed her phone into the desk as Mouse came up to her with a smile on his face.

"Alright, so I fixed that little problem with your walkie and it's just charging downstairs right now." He said and Logan looked up at him, a fake smile plastered on her face as she tried to make it seem like she was happy and she spoke.

"Thanks Mouse." She said and he nodded and gave her desk a small drum roll and nodded.

"Any time." He said and she watched as he walked away and she sighed, knowing these holidays were going to be a nasty one, especially since Amy wouldn't be with her.

After the long day Logan had, she bid her farewells to her partner and walked into lobby of her apartment building, her land lord standing at the desk with a scowl on his face.

"This damn tree needs to go, Logan." He said and Logan looked at the tree and then looked back at him.

"Just throw it out." She said looking at the man and then turned to take the elevator up to her apartment, a man named Mr. Michaels stood there with a smile on his face. The elevator doors dinged, signalling it was time to go in and she walked in and stood leaning against the elevator wall as elevator music played softly. She looked down at the carpet, thinking about how much this Christmas would suck as the elevator music stopped playing and the elevator came to an abrupt stop. Logan looked at Mr. Michaels and she groaned and went to touch the emergency button but nothing came through. She groaned and threw her head back against the wall, setting her bags down on the floor as Mr. Michaels dropped to the floor. Logan's eyes widened and she bent down.

"Truck 81, Squad 3, Ambulance 61, elevator stopped, two people stuck 4500 E Slocombe." The announcement said and Matt looked up at Kelly and Herrmann.

"Hey, that's Logan's address."He said and the men rushed to their respected vehicles and began to go on call.

They rushed into the apartment complex and Matt watched two workers take a Christmas tree out to the back and he looked at the Landlord.

"Where's the stop?" He asked and the landlord spoke.

"Between floors 10 and 9." He said and Matt and Kelly looked at each other and took the stairs two at a time rushing, the rest of them following after. Otis was in charge of elevators while they rushed up the stairs and he turned them off and stood with Mouch.

As Matt and the rest of truck came along with Kelly and all of Squad , ambo following close behind them, Kelly grabbed a tool to open the elevator, seeing Logan do chest compression on a man's chest.

"Ellie, I can't hear you!" Logan yelled as she was starting to become out of breath and Ellie sighed.

"I'm not getting a pulse!" She yelled into the phone that was on the floor and Kelly looked down and yelled.

"Logan, are you alright?!" He yelled and Logan spoke into her phone once again.

"He's turning blue, Ellie! She yelled and Ellie breathed out and nodded.

"Alright, that means his brain isn't getting enough oxygen, Logan you need to see if there's a paramedic by." She said and Logan looked up and yelled.

"I need a paramedic!" She yelled and Sylvie and Mills bent and looked at her.

"What happened?" Mills asked and Logan shook her head and spoke.

"Heart attack, he's turning blue, I'm not getting a pulse." She said and Mills turned and grabbed an EPI from his bag and his heart monitor and stretched out to give it to her.

"Attach the two pads to the left chest and right rib." He said and Logan nodded and placed the pads on the sides.

"You're going to take that blue band and wrap it as tight as you can around the man's upper arm, a vein should appear you're going to go in and stick him with the EPI and push through." He said and Logan nodded and did what she was told to do as the heart monitor was crashing. She watched as it slowly started to rise and she closed her eyes and sighed, relieved. She thanked her older sister and hung up, finally able to do the rest.

At some point Kelly had started to get a line down to the elevator and Logan watched as he opened the door and looked at Logan.

"Sylvie, Capp and Casey are going to come down to help, let's go." He said and Logan nodded and she reached up to grab his hand and he pulled her up and onto the 10th floor. She breathed out and Mills clapped her back.

"Good save, Logan." He said and Logan gave him a curt nod and closed her eyes briefly and Matt walked up to her.

"Hey you alright?" He asked as Dylan was now behind him and she nodded and before she could say anything else her name was being called.

"Logan?" She heard a man ask and there stood Mouse with a coat and his beanie on and she raised her eyebrows at him.

"Mouse?" She asked and walked up to him, and he looked around at the firefighters and raised an eyebrow.

"What happened, you alright?" He asked and Logan nodded and furrowed her eyebrows inwards.

"What are you doing here?" She asked and Mouse held up a bottle of wine and shrugged his shoulders.

"Jay told me you were sad earlier, so I just wanted to hang but then I saw the CFD." He said and she watched as the man was being pulled up. She breathed in and shook her head, shaking the thought of the man dying as she stood watching them bring him on to the stretcher.  Logan wrapped her arms over the other and Mouse places his hands on her lower back and he breathed in slowly.