TWENTY-SEVEN

***

Logan walked into the firehouse with her police uniform on as her white gloves sat perfectly fitted on her hands. Her dress uniform hugged all the right places as she walked in and shook her head looking off to the side, where Shay's sister was.

Mark walked up to her wearing the same uniform and he breathed in deep and spoke.

"Logan, are you okay?" He asked and Logan gave him a curt nod and spoke.

"Yeah." Was all she said as she saw Herrmann walking Shay's sister out to the driveway. Logan looked at Mark as they walked quietly behind them and they formed a line, standing right next to each other.

Mark waited for his cue, which was when Megan would turned after Herrmann would fall back into formation and he yelled.

"MARCH!"

Logan and him clacked their feets together in a single motion and they both stepped off with their left foot, following the other as if they were one as they walked to the firefighters who were in formation. Logan and Mark fell into formation standing next to Matt with their chins up as they kept their eyes forward, knowing that a firefighter ceremony was much different than a police officer's.

"Leslie Shay was a great paramedic." Chief Boden stated and Logan swallowed thickly, keeping her eyes forward and trying to keep her posture.

"There are no words that can fill a whole that she left." He said and looked at each of his firefighters and the two detectives. As Boden let Gabby speak some words for her best friend and fallen paramedic he turned to Logan and spoke out loud.

"We do have another speaker who would like to share a few words." He said and Logan walked up to him, and turned as if she was back at the academy and he would yell at her for falling out of her composure and she spoke.

"Shay and I had been close. The last time I had spoken to her in person was when I was in a really bad place. Shay came to my apartment and insisted I changed, or I'd lose everything. Two months later as I was on leave, I got a call, one that I never wished to receive." She said as tears started to cloud her vision.

"I never thought I'd lose Leslie Shay. There would be a million things I'd do different, one of them being how much time I actually spent with her. " Logan said her voice breaking and Matt breathed in, trying not to make eye contact with Kelly, but he just knew that he was looking at Logan.

"On behalf of the Chicago Police Department, we have given you and your family, ten thousand dollars to help with whatever you need." Logan said as the man behind her held up the sign. Megan started to cry even harder and Logan gave a curt nod and turned to walk back in formation with everyone else.

"Detail! Atten-Hut!" Boden yelled as everyone joined their feet together.

"PRESENT ARMS!" He yelled and everyone raised their left arm, bringing it up to their hats as the bells were being rung.