THREE

***

***

Logan walked into Firehouse 51, with her arm bandaged up as she tried to find Kelly so she could get Amy back and bring her to the apartment. As she walked in none of the trucks were there so she assumed that they had went on a call. Logan breathed and rounded a corner, bumping into a firm chest. She looked up and saw a man she didn't know.

"Shit, I'm sorry." She said and the man shook his head and spoke.

"Nah, don't worry about it." He said and she gave him a tight lipped smile and he looked down at her badge hanging on her hip.

"Detective?" He asked looking at her badge and she nodded and stuck her hand out.

"Yeah, Logan Rayner, Special Crimes." She said and he nodded and gave her a small smile sticking out his hand.

"Antonio Dawson, VICE."He said and Logan's eyebrows shot up.

"Oh yeah, you're that detective who took down that Voight guy, good job on that." She said and he gave her a smile and nodded.

"Thanks." He said and she nodded and then cleared her throat.

"Hey are you guys working on the Heroin problem going on?" She asked and he rolled his eyes and spoke.

"Narcotics were supposed to deal with the toxic batch that's been going around on the streets but they haven't done anything about it." He said and Logan shook her head, clearly upset and sighed.

"Let me know if you need help at all, I'd be more than happy to help." She said and he nodded and thanked her and then left.

Moments later, the trucks rolled in and after they parked and Kelly jumped out, walking to Logan who was watching his every move.

"Hey, there you are, how do you feel?" He asked looking down at her and she nodded and then looked around.

"Where's Amy, Severide?" She asked and Amy walked out of the Battalion's car and smiled looking at the chief. Logan looked at Kelly with wide eyes and spoke.

"You took her out there?!" She exclaimed and Kelly raised an eyebrow at her and spoke, raising both of his hands up in defense.

"Relax, she wasn't in danger, she stayed in Boden's car the entire time." She said and Logan clenched her jaw and shook her head looking at her sister who was getting a tour from their chief.

"Logan?" A male's voice asked and Logan turned around and saw Eric Whaley standing in front of her with a smirk on his face.

"Wow, look at you." He said and Logan's face dropped in horror as she watched the man in front of her.

"Eric." She said and Eric gave her a small smile and she shook her head and rolled her eyes.

"I would kick your ass, but my sister is right there and I'd like to not show her that side of me." Logan said and Amy came up to Logan and placed a hand on her shoulder, causing Logan to jump. She looked down to her sister and she placed an arm around her.

"Hey, we're gonna head home, alright?" She said and Amy nodded and waved goodbye to Chief Boden and Logan looked at Kelly.

"Thanks." She said and he gave her a small smile and placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. Logan gave him a tight lipped smile and Kelly watched as the two girls left the firehouse.

"What's the deal with her?" Otis asked watching Logan leave with her arm wrapped around her sister. Eric walked away with Casey as Kelly, Gabby, Boden, Mills and Herrmann stood around their trucks.

"What do you mean?" Peter asked watching as they got into the car and Otis shrugged his shoulders.

"I mean she looks 25 right? That's her daughter?" He asked and Gabby shook her head hearing them pull out of the driveway.

"No, it's her sister and she's 24, Toni was telling me about her. Hear she's a damn good detective." She said and Chief Boden smiled and nodded at the girl.

"Her step-father is Max Rayner." Boden said smiling to himself, remembering all the times her step-father would bring her to the station.

"Shut up, no way." Peter said looking at Boden to see if he was lying. Once he saw no expression on his face his eyes widened.

"Rumor has it her mother, Melanie Rayner, worked in the Gang Unit up until the time of her disappearance." Gabby said and Peter raised an eyebrow.

"Disappearance?" He asked and Boden nodded and spoke.

"Yeah, six years ago, Max left the CFD to take care of his girls." Boden said and Kelly let out a laugh looking at everyone.

"He didn't take care of any of his kids. His two older kids, Eliana and Evelyn where adults when their mother disappeared. Logan, Dylan, and Amy were kids." Kelly stated and Otis' eyes widened and Peter raised his eyebrows.

"Who's Dylan?" Peter asked and Kelly looked and at him and shrugged.

"Her twin. She's a candidate at 37." Kelly said and Otis smiled and spoke.

"There's another one?" He asked and Gabby scoffed.

"C'mon, if Logan is a hardass I'm sure her sister is the exact same." She said and Kelly laughed and Otis looked at him and raised both of his eyebrows.

"What and you just so happen to know them?" He asked and Kelly nodded and spoke.

"Yeah, we grew up with each other. Her older sister and I were in the same schools and I just got close with Logan." He said and Otis whistled thinking back to her and Kelly jabbed him in the shoulder.

"She's off limits." He said and then turned in a circle pointing to everyone.

"To everyone." He stated and Otis threw his hands up and chuckled.

The next day Logan had gotten a text from Shay telling her to come to the hospital for a surprise and she decided to go on her break from her patrol with Mark. She had on her vest and her gun and badge were hanging on her hip as she began walking to the hospital. She saw Antonio Dawson breeze past her as he stormed to his car which was parked two cars away from Logan. She furrowed her eyebrows inwards and spoke out to him.

"Hey, are you alright?" Logan asked and he turned, looking at her and grunted.

"Yeah, yeah." He said and Logan nodded and gave him a tight lipped smile as a car drove around to them and slowed a bit a head.

She went to turn to leave but then turned back around to speak to Antonio but before she could Logan was thrown to the ground, the wind being knocked right out of her as her body hit the pavement. Gunshots went off and Antonio fell on top of her as he pushed her out of the way from the shots being fired.