EIGHT

***

***

"Structure fire, requesting police backup, 3015 South California Avenue." Logan heard the dispatcher say on the other end of the radio and Logan looked at Mark and spoke.

"Let's go." Logan said and Mark nodded as he pulled out of the diner's driveway and headed on their way to the jail. As many weeks had passed since Kelly, Shay, and Logan had made a schedule for when Amy would go with them and Amy was loving it. Throughout the week Logan had second and first shift and her normal days off were Thursdays, so on her day off, she would drop Amy off at the firehouse if Kelly and Shay were on shift and Amy would stay with them until Saturday. If they weren't on shift, she would drop Amy off at their place and would pick her up on Saturday morning.

As they were driving the sound of firetrucks driving with their sirens on caused Logan to be pulled out of her thoughts and Mark looked at Logan with a raised eyebrow.

"Hey, that's Severide's squad." He said pointing to the large three on the side and Logan nodded and bit her lip.

"It's probably the same thing. We got the rifles loaded?" She asked and Mark nodded and looked at the road as they drove with their sirens blaring as well.

"Yeah, shields are in the back along with ammo." He said and Logan nodded and looked out the window.

"I'll call it in and text Webber about it." She said and he nodded and they continued to drive to their destination.

Moments later, Logan and Mark arrived at the jail and they stepped out of their car and rushed to the back to get their bullet proof vests. They threw them on and saw everyone from Firehouse 51 including Boden jump out of their cars.

Logan saw Boden going to some of the jails men and she walked to them.

"What do we got?" She asked looking at the man and he looked at her and furrowed his eyebrows inwards.

"We called for backup." He said and Logan nodded and threw her hands up.

"Yeah, my partner and I are on Special Crimes, we were in the area." She said and the man's eyebrows furrowed inwards and he shook his head and spoke.

"We got smoke in Pod 4, a dorm area we set up for overcrowding" He said and Logan raised an eyebrow and looked at an officer next to her and spoke.

"Inmates? How are they behavior wise?" She asked and the man scoffed and looked at the jail.

"Animals. They're all animals." He said and Logan nodded and turned to go to Mark.

"Alright, well, I don't think this guy knows what he's doing but one of the officers said that the inmates are animals. I'll go grab the guys and give them a heads up." Logan said and Mark nodded and went to talk to Chief Boden.