Chapter 24

It felt like the whole world stopped and that my world was going to crash into pieces but it didn't. Eli kept backing up nodding at my father and giving him a smile before driving off past the house. Dad kept pulling on a tired expression on his face. I sighed hoping he was too tired to do anything bad. I left the door open and went back to the living room.

A minute later I heard his heavy steps and the door shutting, not slamming. I got up and looked into the kitchen to see my father taking his shoes off and taking off his coat. He gave me a small smile when he saw me.

He wasn't drunk. A small smile appeared on my face, I wouldn't get beaten tonight. My sisters wouldn't have to be locked up in May's room and Dad was home.

I walked into the kitchen to see Dad putting home some of the pizza on a paper plate.

"Hi, Dad. You're home early." I said quietly.

He turned and gave me a small smile.

"Hi. Are you sure I'm early?" He asked raising a eyebrow as he got some water.

"Yup 20 minutes early." I replied.

"Oh." He said quietly. I knew something was bothering him and I think it was the same thing that was bothering me.

"So who was that boy who was leaving as I pulled in?" He asked as he walked to the living room.

"Um, his name is Eli." I replied.

"Oh is he a friend or...?" He asked as he plopped down on the couch and changed the channel to the local news.

"Um he is my boyfriend." I replied awkwardly as I leaned against the door frame.

"Sense when?" He asked as he began to eat the cold pizza.

"Friday." I replied.

"Oh. He better be nice." He said smiling at me. I couldn't help but smile a little bit.

"Don't worry he is."

"Good." He said as he turned to watch the news caster talk about some cat that was missing for 3 years but came home.

I walked across the room about to go into the hallway when my father's voice stopped me.

"December?"

"Yes?" I asked turning back around.

"I'm Sorry." He said sincerely. I took a deep breath and nodded.

"Okay." With that one word I turned back around and went to my room to do my homework.

About ten minutes later Faith enters my room making sure to close the door and sits on my bed as I do my homework at my black desk.

"He isn't drunk." She said quietly.

"I know." I replied as I tried to answer the question on the homework.

"Did he say anything to you?" She asked. I turned and looked at her. Her hair was a little frizzy and falling in her face, her makeup still looked fresh but she looked tired.

"Not really we talked a little bit about nothing important. I told him about Eli. But just as I was about to leave the living room he told me sorry." I replied quietly.

She looked shocked.

"Really? What did you say?" She asked.

"I said okay and walked away." She just nodded at me.

"Do you think he will stay sober long?" She asked.

"I don't know but I hope." I replied before going back to my homework. I heard her sigh before getting up and leaving my room, closing the door behind her.

About an hour later I put May to bed just as I was about to head back to my room my father called me from the living room.

"Yeah, Dad?" I asked standing in the hallway doorway.

"Come sit." He said as he turned the TV down some.

I quietly walked over to the couch and sat down at the end farthest away from him.

"I want you to know that I remember some of the things that have happened that past many nights." He said quietly. I nodded in surprise that this is what he was going to talk about I thought he was going to talk about me and Eli.

"I want you to know that I am going to stop going to bars and do my best to stay away from alcohol. All Right?" he asked.

"Okay." I said about to get up.

"And I promise I will do my best that those things will never happen again." I nodded.

"Okay." With that I walked back to my room. I knew my Dad was an honest guy when sober and that he would try his best and that he felt very guilty that's the type of guy he was but something deep inside me told me that he would fail at this no matter how hard he tries.

I hope that, that feeling was wrong. I hoped that so much.  

***********

So???

I AM SO FREAKING HAPPY!  I got 117 votes last time i checked, 6 more votes then before i updated last night holy crap.

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH. PLEASE KEEP VOTING!!!

And please keep commenting. i love FEEDBACK. what are your thoughts about this chapter? about the story so far? what do you love about it? Hate about it? Who is your fav charcter(i'd love to know that)

Thank you soo much hopefully will update soon. :)