Chapter 16

"So where are we going?" I asked Eli as we walked down the sidewalk. I had let go of his hand but oddly it felt weird without his hand.

"The park." He said with smile.

"You do know that it is freezing outside right?" I asked as we quickly crossed the street.

"Yeah so?" He asked shrugging.

I laughed it was a real laugh it wasn't a big laugh just a small giggle but it felt good.

"I better not get a cold." I said as we passed a gas station and started heading to the park.

"Don't be such a wimp." He said with a smirk as we passed many houses.

"Wait!" I said stopping where I was and looking up at the wires that crossed the street and saw an old pair of shoes, kid shoes I think tied together and hanging on the wire. They have been there sense I remember, I always loved looking at them as I walked or drove by.

"What?" Eli asked sounding confused. I pointed to where I was looking.

"Shoes." He said still sounding confused. I just smiled as I pulled out my phone and took a picture trying to take the best picture I could of it and then quickly set it as my background and then started walking again.

"What was that about?" Eli asked as I put my phone away. I smiled.

"I always forget to take a picture of those for my phone background. Those shoes have been there sense I remember. I am scared that one I will pass by and they will be gone. I love those shoes they remind me of those movies that are fun and have great meanings." I said smiling as we approached the park.

"You're an interesting girl you know that?" Eli asked as we started walking to the playground that was in the park. I turned around, still walking hoping I wouldn't slip on the snow.

"Not interesting just odd." I replied still walking backwards, Eli smiled.

"No you're interesting." He said smiling. I just smiled back and turned around and quickly walked to the swings whipping snow off of a seat and sitting on it. The swing was cold but I didn't really care and started to swing. My hands held on to the cold metal chains as I swung.

Next thing I know I feel hands pushing me even higher. I turn my head to see Eli smiling at me as he pushed me. I was laughing as I he pushed me higher and higher in the air.

I felt like a little kid all my problems gone as I got higher and higher on the swing. I felt like I was flying and nothing could touch me it was like being on drugs but without anything bad happing. No wonder kids are always happy they are free and can fly they don't know much about the real world.

I slowly slowed down and as I swung back and forth slowly Eli sat on the swing next to me.

"So how long have you been singing and playing for?" He asked looking at me.

"I have been singing sense I can remember, I have always loved it. I started playing piano when I was five my Aunt Sara taught me and then I started Guitar when I was ten, I took lessons till I was twelve." I replied.  "What about you?" I asked looking at him with curious eyes.

"I sang when I was little but not as much as you did. I really got into singing when I learned to play the guitar when I was eight. Then I learned to play the drums when I was eleven."

I nodded. It was silent but it was a good silent. I got up off the swing and started walking up the steps on the play set.

"Where are you going?" Eli asked getting up.

"Down the slide, silly." I replied smiling as I walked across the rickety bridge all play ground play sets had. As I approached the steps to the slide I wanted to go down, one of the twisty ones, I felt strong arms around me. I looked behind me to see Eli.

"May I help you?" I asked with a smirk.

"Nope." He said smiling before picking me up off the ground and carrying me up the steps.

"Put me down." I said trying to get out of his grip. He was strong. He finally put my down at the opening of the slide.

He still didn't let go of me but sat behind me and we went down the slide together. I felt like a little kid again. His arms wrapped around me felt good. It felt comforting. The only comfort I have felt for a long time is music although I love that this comfort was better.

I laughed as we went down the slides. My eyes ignoring the sharpie drawings and writing that were on the inside of the slide. When we ended at the bottom of the slide we just stayed there his arms around me. I didn't say anything I wouldn't admit out loud but I loved having his arms around me.

We just sat there watching the snow start to fall down on the ground some of the sun that was hiding behind clouds made the snow sparkle.

"You know there are some kids in the world who never seen snow." I said watching as the sparkling snowflakes fell down from the sky.

"I would hate to be them. Snow maybe cold but it is beautiful." Eli said from behind me. There was a pause and then I swear he said "just like you" but it was so quiet it could have just been my imagination.

I smiled though hoping it wasn't my imagination. I looked down at Eli's arms that were wrapped around me. I smiled and slowly peeled the arms away and standing up. Eli looked confused.

"What are you doing?"

"I want to swing some more." I said before skipping to the swings. After I sat down on the cold swing I was about to start swinging when I felt someone pulling the swing. I looked behind me to see Eli smirking at me. He pulled the swing back then ran forward running under me and letting go, an Underdog.

"Oh my gosh," I yelled as I swung high up in the air. Slowly I slowed down again. As I slowed down Eli grabbed the chains of the swing stopping it.

"Are you done swinging now?" He asked smiling. His face inches away from mine. We both looked at each other and then Eli looked at my lips. He started to slowly lean in and then without even thinking I started to lean in. Before I knew it our lips were touching and then we kissed. It was like a kiss in the movies, it felt like the world slowed down and it was just us. That special 'spark' you get when it is that 'one' person. We kissed for a minute but it seemed so much longer. Soon I realized what I just did and pulled away. No everything was going great it can't go fast. Fast relationships just don't work.

Eli looks at me with a worried expression, I quickly look down, he takes a step back letting go of the swing.

I stand up in front of the swing still not looking at him. I'm sorry I, um, have to go. I'm really sorry." I say and start to walk away. Before I get to far I look back at him, he has a disappointed, worried expression.

"Thanks, today has been great." I say to him with a smile before turning my head and started walking to my house.

I can't believe I did that. I had to face the fact, I did like Eli and I loved that kiss, but fast relationships don't work. I'm not ready anyway. Who would want to date me anyway? It was probably just a mistake. All these thoughts filled my mind as I head home in the cold which felt colder than before.

*****************

Hey everyone! I hope you like this chapter as much as I do! So I have another story and its on a website called figment. So heres link to the story please check it out. :)

http://figment.com/books/22277-30-Days-in-my-mind-

Please check it out and please please please comment and vote! Thanks!