If I can't save myself At Least I Can Save Them. ch 8

December's P.O.V

I walked inside Emily's house going inside to wait for Eli while he warmed up the car. I walked by the living but was stop by the voices inside.

"I just want her to be happy again like she use to be." I heard Ashton say quietly. I pressed myself against the wall next to the living room and listened.

"I know, babe, but you know you shouldn't have dared her that. She might need someone to save her but we both know that we can't push her like that." Adam said.

"I know, I know but it hurts me some everyday to see in her eyes that she is still hurt. It seems like there is something she isn't telling me. And it scares me I don't want to lose her as a friend or at all." Ashton said quietly and started to hear her cry.  It tore me up knowing that I was the reason one of my best friends was crying. I just took a deep breath closed my eyes and walked away. I headed to the door that Eli just entered probably coming to get me.

"Are you ready to go?" He asked me. He looked a little worried. Why would he be worried? He doesn't know me.

"Yeah lets go." I said following him out the door. A silver car was sitting on the side of the road lights on.

I quickly got in the car just as Eli did.

"Where do you live?" he asked

"1254 Walker street" I replied. He just nodded and started to drive. For a few minutes there was nothing but silence and the radio commercials playing.

"I just want you to know me running out had nothing to do with you." I said finally. He kept his eyes on the road but I still saw them, they were surprised that I spoke.

"It's fine."

"Did they tell you why?" I asked after a second.

"Yes, but if you're wondering if they told me a whole lot of detail they didn't. All I know is you were in a very serious and relationship that started with spin the bottle and ended badly. "He said to me. I felt relieved that, that was all he knew not that my friend knew the whole story either.

After a few more minutes he spoke again.

"So December how did you get your name?"

I smiled I loved it when peopled asked this question. "My mother loves that month. Loves it so much. I love it too. Full of Christmas cheer and love and happiness it's great. Anyway she heard someone us it at a name and decided it was the perfect name." I reply smiling some as it began to snow.

"So you really like Christmas then, right?" He asked as he turned the corner.

"Love it. I love Christmas time." I said smiling as we passed a house with Christmas lights.

"Me 2" he said as we drove in the night and I looked for houses with Christmas lights.

"Hey who plays that song you sang today in band?" Eli asked

"The last one?" I asked he nodded "He Is We. Why?" I asked

"Well I have to perform in two weeks and that song was good. Especially with you singing." He said. I smiled.

"Thanks." I said as her turned at the stop sign. I smiled as I saw the house we live by that has amazing Christmas lights. As we approached my housed I sighed in relief when I saw that my father's car was not in the drive way yet.

"Well thanks for the ride I really appreciate it." I say as I open the car door and was about to leave when Eli stopped me.

"December, wait." I turned looking at him

"I'm not that bad of a guy if you get to know me." I just nodded not knowing how to respond. I quickly shut the door, waved goodbye and entered the house. I smiled as I saw a grilled cheese sandwich on a plate for me, still hot.

I sat down at the counter and began to eat my sandwich. As I finished eating Faith entered the kitchen.

"What happened at Emily's?" She asked sitting next to me.

"Don't worry about it Faith." I said standing up and started to do the dishes. "Oh and thanks for dinner."

"Yeah you said you were going to make dinner today." She said still sitting there staring at me.

"Oh I'm sorry Faith I will by the end of the week, promise." I said as I washed the dishes.

"Sure." She replied bitterly. There were a few minutes of silence except for me washing the dishes.

"Oh and I will worry about it when I get a call from Emily asking if my older sister was home because they couldn't find her anywhere in the house." She said crossly. I put the plate I was washing down and turned to face her.

"Faith, there are things you just don't know okay? There are things I don't want you to know yet. You are still growing up and I want it to be that way I don't want you to grow up too fast like I had to." I replied with no emotion and then turned back around to finish the dishes.

Just as I finished the dishes I heard a car pull in the drive way and a slam of a door. I turned to see Faith standing in the kitchen.

"Go to May's room make sure she is in there." I ordered her firmly. She looked at me with scared eyes. She nodded and ran into the living room yelling "May where are you?"

I heard May ask what was going on and a lock of a door.

Soon the front door flew open and in came my angry drunk father just like most nights.  "Is your mom home?" He asked like he did every night she wasn't home.

"No." I replied sounding strong when really I was scared.

"Of course not she's never home!" He bellowed slamming the front door and started walking towards me.

"This is your entire fault!" He yelled and then like always slapped me. My brain quickly went back to last year getting slapped but by a different guy.  He is shorter then my father but still tall anger and evil were in his eyes.

Every hit my dad gave me my mind went back to that boy and that song I sang today. I tried to cry and not make noises as my dad kicked me hard and he grabbed on my arms and punched me hard in the stomach. I was so scared but didn't show any of it. Emotion is weakness in this war.

************

Hey guys. So please please please please vote. I have alot of reads (or at least to me its a lot of reads) but I dont have many votes and it would abslouty make my day if you voted and especially if you commented. And If you liked this story please tell your friends. I really want this story to become popular. Thank you guys sooooo much. :-)