Chapter 20

Right now we were driving and listing to Christmas music because I forced Eli to listen to it again. Tomorrow I was taking my sisters to get the Christmas tree, a real one of course.

"So where are we going?" I asked looking at Eli as he drove.

"I told you, it's a surprise." He replied smirking. I groaned.

"You need to stop with the stupid surprises." He just smiled. After about five minutes of silence except for the Christmas music, Eli asked a question.

"That day, when we kissed, why did you run away after?" I looked at him, his eyes were still on the road. I sighed and decided to tell him the truth.

"Everything was just going so fast. I mean we aren't even together yet and my last relationship went fast and it ended terrible. I was and still am that it's going to happen again." He quickly looked at me his eyes looking true.

"I promise you it won't happen again, at least not with me." I nodded, trusting him as he turned his eyes back to the road. Again it was silent if it wasn't for the Christmas music I think I would have gone crazy

"So you fell, huh?" He asked after a few more minutes of silence.

"Yup."

"How?" He asked. He wouldn't give this up, would he?

"I tripped over May's Barbie car that was in the hallway and my face landed hard on the floor." I lied. He just nodded. I had a feeling he didn't believe me.

"You know one day your lies are going come back to get you." I just stayed silent not knowing what to say. He caught me but I wasn't going to tell him how I got this bruise.

"So where are we going we have been driving forever."

"You are just going to wait in see not much longer." I made a deep sigh and leaned back in my seat.

I hummed quietly to the music which was White Christmas. I was looking out the window It was around four and it was still sunny the snow was glistening. I just sat there and hummed Christmas songs and looked at the window. I swear I felt Eli glance over at me every now and then. Once I caught him from the corner of my eye, he was smiling at me. It made me smile too. I really hoped this worked out because I couldn't deny my feelings anymore I really did like him.

I looked back over and he was looking at the rode. He turned and I got a huge smile my mouth hanging open as we turned into my most favorite restaurant, Waffle House. Yes it is my ablsoute favorite but we don't live close enough to one to eat there much we mostly eat there during vacations because the places we go seem to have more Waffle House's then northern Ohio.

"No way! How did you know I loved this place?" I said looking at him. I felt like a little kid on Christmas. He smiled at me.

"Riley told me."

"Of course." I said smiling and then I quickly got out of the car and forced Eli to get out. I practically skipped to the store. When we entered I quickly chose a booth and looked at the menu and just as Eli picked up his menu I put my down.

After the waitress got our orders I ran up to the juke box and started playing some music.

"I can't believe you took me here. I love this place." I said sitting down.

He smiled. We just talked about random stuff till our food got there, I ordered a waffle of course, bacon, eggs and toast with jam.

"That's a lot of food are you going to eat that all?"

"I never get to come here I will eat it." I said before taking my first bite of waffle. I did what I said I would do I ate all of it every last bit. Eli was amazed. I smiled at him.