Chapter 19

The week went by quickly mom worked late shift on Thursday sadly Dad came home and gave me a pretty bad bruise on my cheek and on my wrist from where he grabbed it too hard. So today I made sure to wear a long sleeve shirt under my sweatshirt and tried to cover up my face as best as I could so the bruise was less noticeable.

"So are you excited for you date tonight?" Ashton asked, grinning at me as we headed to first period. I was excited but I wasn't going to admit that to my friends.

"Isn't today yours and Adams anniversary?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"Yes five months and stop trying to change the subject. Are you excited?" She asked as we sat down in our normal seats.

"Why would I be?" I asked trying to act like I didn't care about the date.

"Oh please. You are just trying to seem so cool and like you don't care we all know you are excited." I just rolled my eyes at her smirking face.

Just then the warning bell rang and students began to fill in the room.

"Hey." Eli said taking his usual in front of Ashton who sat across from me. He turned in his seat and gave me a puzzling look.

"What happened to your face?" he asked his face sideways some.

"Yeah what is up with your face? Is it bruised?" Ashton asked looking at my face. Crap, why does this boy have to be so observant.

"Yeah I tripped in fell", I lied. I am not that much of a klutz but I got my friends to believe I am so they don't ask about the bruises that appear not and then. 

"You're such a klutz." Ashton said smiling as she turned around in her seat and got out her homework. Eli gave me a disbelieving look.

"What?" I asked trying to sound innocent.

"Fell huh?" I nodded.

"Right." He said still not believing it as the bell rang beginning the day.

The rest of the day was pretty boring except for all my friends asking me if I was excited or nervous for the date. Luckily I got Tyler to spill that he was going on a date with Katy Branch a girl in our class who is okay. Everyone then talked to him all day about his date and why he didn't tell anyone. Emily looked a little upset about it.

During lunch Emily didn't show up for lunch. "December do you know where Emily is?" Riley asked sitting down at the table with Tyler. Ashton, Adam and Eli didn't have our lunch.

I shook my head, "Maybe she had to go get something." I replied taking a sip of my water.

After fifteen minutes we had a feeling Emily wasn't coming to lunch.

"Dude, where could she be?" Tyler said sipping his water. He was really worried about her.

"I don't know. Well I am done with lunch I will take the pass and go look for her." Riley and Tyler nodded.

After I left the cafeteria I knew exactly where to look. I left the school building entering the freezing cold only wearing my sweatshirt. I went to the back where we park to skip class and sure enough I saw Emily inside her care hugging her knees. I sighed and quickly got to the car and knocked on it knowing it was locked. She quickly whipped her eyes before looking over at me and smiling before unlocking the car.

I quickly got in and shut the door happy to be warm. I looked over at Emily and all that happiness was gone. Her dyed burgundy hair fell over one of her brown eyes that were red from crying and her eyeliner was smeared some from the tears. I could see dry tears on her face. The scream playing didn't help at all. I looked over to her right and as a reusable bottle next to her. I frowned and took it. I looked inside of it, empty and it smelled like alcohol.