Chapter 15

My alarm woke me up at 5:30 in the morning like almost every Saturday I quickly shut it off not to wake anyone up. I quickly got dressed in a long sleeve black shirt, ripped skinny jeans and my converse. I quickly put some eyeliner on and put on a necklace Emily got me. I put on my sweatshirt and then my coat over it and headed out the door grabbing my phone and IPod. I started to walk down the sidewalk, putting my ear buds in my ears and letting the music start to play. I put my hood up and dug my hands in my pockets as I walked. It was still dark out the only light was the occasional street lamp and either Christmas lights or little lights on the houses.

 As I turned onto another street, Ashton's street I noticed someone sitting there on the porch step illuminated by a cell phone or IPod light. As I got closer I noticed long dark hair covering a person face and knew it was Ashton. Her head went up as she heard my footsteps get closer. She recognized me right away and confusion appeared on her face. She stood up and walked towards me I slowly walked towards her too, pausing my Ipod.

"What are you doing?" she asked as both of us stopped.

"Walking," I replied. She rolled her eyes.

"Yeah but why it's like 5:40 on a Saturday."

"I could ask you the same question for what you're doing." I replied

"Fine but what are you doing?" She asked with curiosity.

"I'm going to town." I replied "What are you doing?" I asked

"Waiting for Adam, I'm going to visit his Grandma with him."

"Well, bye." I said walking away. She nodded and started walking back to the porch. I had a feeling she was lying to me so before I totally left her yard I turned and said, "Oh and Ashton, you know how I feel about lying." Then I swiftly turned around and walked away turning my IPod back on and turning up the music.

When I finally arrived at Town it was 6:02. I sighed in relief as I entered the warm local coffee shop.

"Morning, December how are you?" The owner Hazel asked me as I entered and hung up my jacket. Hazel was a very nice woman who I knew sense I was a little girl. She was in her mid forties. She's married and has nieces and nephews but no kids of her own so she has always treated me like a daughter.

"Good, you?" I replied as I went over to the little stage they had and went over to the small piano they had.

I sometimes came in here and played for money.  Mom doesn't make a lot of money and this way I slowly save money for College and have money for anything else I need.

"Good now is anyone coming to watch you today?" She asked as she gave a woman who was eating a bagel her coffee.

"No, never Hazel," I replied. Hazel frowned but nodded, some of her red hair falling out of its ponytail and into her face. I don't know why but for some reason I was ashamed to be playing and singing for money. I knew I wasn't that good but Hazel said I was amazing and insisted in making me play sometimes. I think I never wanted anyone to come because I like singing for people I don't really know that much. And once, HE, watched me sing once and after that I never really liked singing in front of people I know the only time I did was during band class.

"Okay well start playing whenever you ready." Hazel told me as I sat myself on the decorated piano stool and fixed the microphone and then began to sing.

I'm not sure how long I sang. I always lose track of time and what's happening when I'm singing but when someone who looked a little familiar entered I quickly looked but didn't get a good look. I just let it go and began to play the last song for the day. I singled for Katie, one of the workers to come here. She could play guitar and I asked if she could help me play my last song she smiled and agreed loving the song.