If I cant save myself at Leat I can Save them. ch 9

Faiths P.O.V

I heard the door slam and my father yell as I sat on May's bed holding her as she listened to music through the headphones that I make sure she wears. What December said today and yesterday kept playing in my head.

"I don't know want you to group up too fast like I had to"

"How did you get the money?" I asked "I'll tell you one day but not today" she answered

I heard a thump and my father yelling. I cringed not wanting to know what was going on and wishing I could do something to stop it. I looked down at May to see her crying. I took the headphones of her head.

"May sweeties what's wrong?" I asked hugging her.

"How much longer is the going to happen?" She asked

"Not much longer. I hope" I replied. I just sat there hugging her and singing songs to her to calm her down. After a while it was still going on my father was still yelling. And then as I just shut the bathroom door that was luckily connected to May's room, were she was taking a bath, I heard a noise that scared me. It was a big thud and then a cry. A cry from my sister, I started to cry not knowing what to do. I quickly whipped my eyes and went into the bathroom to see May sitting in the bathtub not paying attention to anything except shampooing her hair.

She looked up at me with worried eyes but I just smiled looking at her wet hair guessing that she was under water when December made that cry. "Is everything okay?" She asked I nodded.

"Just keep playing in the tub I will get you when it's time to get out so make sure you are clean." I said to May before leaving the bathroom.

I just sat there scared for December trying to figure out what she meant by the things she said. I felt like there was a part of my sister I didn't know like she was hiding something like she had a secret. After a little while May came out of the bathroom in her PJ's and her hair soaking wet.

"Faith can you help me?" She asked I smiled and helped her put towel dry her hair and blow dry it some. Just as I finished I heard a quiet knock and the door knowing it was December. I quickly walked over to the door and opened it to see December standing there her face already starting to bruise.

I tried to smile at her but it was hard. "Did you take aspirin?"I asked she nodded. She quietly walked in the room I could see her limping slightly to Mays bed and sat down next to her.

"Hi sweetie, how are you?" She asked putting a fake smile on her face trying to reassure May.

"Fine, are you okay?" May asked looking a little worried.

"I'm fine sweetie. I just want to make sure your okay." December said softly. She was so brave pretending everything was fine for May. Letting Dad hit her like that every night. How she took it all I will never know.

"I'm fine." May said and then she hugged December. December hugged her right back. I looked over at her she was looking at me and she mouthed 'he left'. I nodded.

"Okay sweetie how about you go to bed. Okay?" December asked pulling away from May. May nodded December kissed the top of Mays head and put her to bed.

"What's wrong with your foot?" I asked her as she turned off May's light and shut the door.

"Nothing" She replied. I knew she was lying. "I sprained it." She replied after I just stared at her.

I sighed at her. "Do you want to take a shower first?" She asked me I shook my head knowing she should take one to help her sore muscles.

"No go I have to do my homework anyway." She replied and walked away to the kitchen. I sighed knowing that I won't win. After my shower I waited for December to get out of the shower even though I know she will be mad at me for not going to bed.

When she got out her hair was in a towel and really could see the bruises. "What are you doing up?" She asked I just sighed and got up and handed her a wrap to wrap around her ankle and an ice pack. She smiled at me and then said, "Thank you, go to bed."

I just nodded and headed to bed right before I entered my bed room I ran to the living room and hugged her. First she was shocked and then she hugged me back. As I pulled away I smiled and then ran off to bed.

****************************

Again I would love if you guys voted. I know I am begging but I really want this story to get popular but please only vote if you like it I don't want you to vote cause I am begging or anything. :-) and please comment if you like it too. I love ideas, and critisim and complements or anything you have to say. Thanks. :-)