Chapter 3

| Lumine is able to use her own powers along with manipulating the elements. Lumine can leave the world at any time but nobody is exactly sure why she stays, the world simply grew on her, she and her brother had been looking to settle down for a while and she fulfilled the wish for them both. | 

 Xiao stayed up all night wondering if it was appropriate to press information out of the person he had seen, he decided he might as well do so, he was intimidated at the thought though, he wasn't good with people.

⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿

Lumine woke up with the sun shining on her face, she wanted to hurry to arrive in Mondstadt early, she knew that she may not get as many bottles of wine as she wanted if she didn't get there early since a festival was coming up.

Lumine groggily got out of bed and got ready for the day, she looked a little rough as she hadn't done her hair on her own for years. Lumine took the few items she had and headed downstairs to get breakfast. 

Verr Goldet was waiting for the rush of orders to come in for breakfast at reception. Lumine approached with a smile and waved, "I saw the menu a little while ago, how would you recommend the Almond Tofu?"

Verr Goldet made eye contact with Lumine and then spoke, "The Almond Tofu is an excellent choice it's one of our specialties!" 

"I think I'll have that then!" Lumine started looking around for a table and saw one next to the kitchen. "It'll be out soon." Verr Goldet wrote down the order and delivered it to the kitchen.

Lumine walked down another set of stairs and sat down at the open table. Lumine looked around nonchalantly, she didn't have anything to do and she was sitting alone.

There weren't that many patrons at Wangshu Inn, it could keep itself running with very few as the rooms were overpriced. Going to Wangshu Inn was for a special occasion or for the rich, it was a popular spot if you had the mora to pay for it. 

⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿

Xiao saw the person again, she was sitting at the table that was usually unoccupied and he had to himself. He did want to go up to her, but he didn't know how to approach her. 

How do you ask someone if they are the reincarnation of a god? Or if they were alive during the Archon War? One of these questions couldn't even be answered as the person would have no knowledge of their past life. 

It was almost a lost cause he thought, but he could just try to run into her by chance instead. 

⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿

 Lumine quickly received her Almond Tofu, she dug in and was pleasantly surprised by the texture, it reminded her of a dream. She had once consumed a dream during the Archon War, Lumine was told it was for the betterment of Snezhnaya. 

Running up the stairs, Lumine got a few strange looks but she ran anyway. Lumine saw a boy on the balcony, she recognized him as the Demon Conqueror, she had once witnessed him before but it was many years ago. He carries the aura of death and destruction, she truly felt bad for him as all the other Yakshas had fallen in traumatic events, but it wasn't anything new for them. 

Lumine was about to turn around and walk away not wanting to interact with him but he turned to face her, it was unfortunate and she now had to speak. 

"You're an Adeptus aren't you..?" Lumine said awkwardly as she walked onto the balcony to stand face to face with him.

"But, what about you?" Xiao asked trying to sound as natural as possible, dodging her question.

"I'm just a traveler that happened to pass through here," Lumine replied trying to remember when exactly she saw him.

"The Archon War." Xiao's voice was dry and sharp, he was traumatized by the Archon War and still pained by the aftermath of it. He could tell what the woman before him was thinking. 

Lumine's eyes widened knowing that he knew. The mask that hung on his hip caught her eye and she took a closer look, it was the mask of a Yaksha, and this confirmed what she thought.

He had lost almost everything in that war he was controlled by a god and forced to eat dreams and kill countless souls. He was no longer innocent of how cruel the world could be. 

"I'd love to drink Fire-Water with you sometime, unfortunately, I have to get going, so maybe next time?" Lumine touched Xiao's hand, he didn't pull away for some reason he felt at peace with Lumine's touch it turns out Lumine had tried to purify him, but it didn't work very well however did give Xiao some relief, even if for a moment. That was enough for him and more than he deserved as an afterthought. 

Xiao was left in shock, it felt as if a burden had been lifted. He watched Lumine walking away and examined her words, "Fire-Water," Xiao mumbled, that was a specialty in Snezhnaya, which means she was from there, or at least there was a reason she was pointing him in the direction of Snezhnaya, it had another meaning possibly. 

"Wait!" Xiao called out to Lumine as she was descending the stairs. "I never got your name." Lumine smiled looking back, "It's Lumine." 

Xiao felt at ease, his karma build-up had been excruciating over the years but it suddenly became less of a burden on his body. It was a relief that he had a moment to feel light. He wanted to see Lumine again, she had lessened the burden on him. It's said that some Adepti granted wishes for others, Xiao now wanted to be her wish granter.