Chapter 45: The After Party ( Part 2 )

"Where is he?" Lumine asked and summoned her sword preparing for combat as the guards at the palace were strong, which means even this enemy would be a challenge for Lumine at least this is what she thought. 

"He's in the ballroom!" The guard said frantically and was just about to run back from where he came when he saw Lumine speed off at an inhuman speed leaving behind a purple hue. 

Down the hallway, a small fire had started. Lumine put it out by infusing her sword with hydro. 

Lumine continued down the hall until she reached the ballroom and saw the red-haired man, Diluc. 

Diluc was taking on a few guards and keeping them back while some others were laying on the ground. 

Lumine decided to take him down the same way she did before but on a larger scale.

Using the trick learned from someone unknown to her, Lumine started filling the room with electro while Diluc was distracted and made a signal to a guard to retreat and he screamed out "Retreat!" 

As everyone was disappearing efficiently Diluc stayed in the room and then he turned and his eyes widened seeing Lumine. 

He used his vision to light up his sword and an explosion was set off. Diluc's sword went flying and so did he. Lumine was swept off her feet as she misjudged the size of the explosion. She then decided she'd master the skill better before using it on anyone. 

Diluc hit the stairs from the explosion and then he came tumbling back down and was left at the bottom in pain. His sword managed to lodge itself into a wall on the other side of the room. 

Lumine got to her feet and brushed off her dress, then walked over to Diluc. "What are you doing here?" She asked in a harsh tone. 

Diluc turned his head as he was facedown on the floor and looked at Lumine's feet in defeat. "Where did I go wrong..." Diluc muttered out then relaxed all the muscles in his body as if he was dead and dramatically closed his eyes.

"Get up I know you aren't dead!" Lumine said and grabbed him by the collar and pulled him up with a lot of force behind it and he was sent to his butt on the floor.  Diluc opened his eyes and winced and then slowly got to his feet. "You.." He couldn't get out much more and also didn't want to say much else as he wasn't in a condition to back up his tongue with strength. 

"Diluc I'm going to put you in a holding cell. You broke into the palace, threatened to burn down the palace, then took out guards at the palace!" Lumine shouted and then started calling for attendants and guards that had ran out of the room. 

She walked away from Diluc and started talking with an attendant about transporting the hurt guards to a med bay. 

Diluc saw his claymore lodged into a wooden pillar and walked over to and attempted to pull it out but he didn't have the strength to do so. So he sat on the ground and leaned against the wall, he would've fled but he wasn't sure he'd make it out the door. 

"Thank you," Lumine said to the attendant and looked back at the staircase for Diluc but didn't see him so she looked around the room to see him up against a wall with his sword in the wall above him. 

She walked over to him and pulled the claymore out with a bit of force and dropped it on the flat side onto Diluc's lap and he made an "oof" sound as it landed, the sword weighed quite a bit, Lumine was surprised when she pulled it. 

Diluc felt awful, electro didn't react well with pyro, and his vision pulsed and he felt it in his own body. Diluc usually would fight like it was life or death but he knew it would be better to just surrender to Lumine after all she wasn't the worst person to lose to and there's no shame in losing to her, at least his pride wouldn't be hurt. The pain he felt would eventually subside as well, he told himself that to pull through the pain.