Chapter 19

Lumine had searched the city as well as she could from above, she hadn't been inside of Angel Shares so she decided to stop there. 

Lumine dropped off a roof terrifying someone leaving the tavern and leaving them in a small shock. Lumine hid the lyre the best she could and went inside, of course, Diluc was running the bar that night but to Lumine's luck, she saw Venti drinking at a table upstairs. Lumine innocently waved at Diluc. 

Diluc was a bit surprised that Lumine just went upstairs without saying anything but he didn't exactly question it. 

"Venti! I am so sorry." Venti turned his head to see Lumine "For what again?" 

Lumine clasped her hands together above her head as if she was praying for forgiveness, "I took your lyre!" Lumine explained the situation in as much detail as she could, trying to ask if she could get a favor from him. 

⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿

"Lumine I don't know if you are a genius or idiot, nobody has ever stolen the lyre but you manage to steal it and then go to the person you stole it from and ask them to not press charges," Venti said half-jokingly near the end of his sentence. 

"I know, I know. Please do this for me I know that it won't be a huge problem since Master Jean already knows your identity." Lumine said a little too loud and it caught Diluc's attention and he was suddenly interested in their conversation. 

"Alright, but it'll cost you an apple." Venti paused, "Aaaand~ an invite to your birthday." 

"How did you even know about that? Venti, do you know something I don't?" Lumine was confused as her birthday was going to be a more local event. 

"I know where the wine goes Lumine and you ordered quite a bit of wine." Venti put on his signature smile and laugh. 

"Well, you can come I'll give you an official invite when I can get back into the Goth Grand Hotel." Venti was already getting up and walking down the stairs by the time Lumine finished her sentence. 

"That'll be 50,000 mora." Diluc was directing his speech at the bard Venti but Lumine answered instead. 

Lumine fished out all the mora she had on hand it was around 70,000 mora, she gave it to Diluc "I apologize for what happened a few nights ago." 

The two walked out Lumine following dangerously close to Venti, she was practically his shadow. 

⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿

"Uh, Venti here's the lyre." There was a distinct voice of fear as Lumine passed the lyre over Venti's shoulder. 

"It'll be okay, we are almost there just a little further." Venti was referring to the fact they were almost at the headquarters for the knights. He took Lumine's hand and gave it a gentle squeeze, for some reason he knew that Lumine was terrified of anything that had to do with laws, but everything else she took head-on he could only assume she had messed up once before and paid the price. 

There were no guards stationed outside headquarters, it seemed everyone was gone looking for the lyre. Venti led the way into the building turning left and pushing the door open. 

The room revealed the Acting Grand Master sitting at her desk, she hurriedly looked up from papers she was dealing with. "Ba." Jean stopped herself and cleared her throat, "Venti, how many times do I have to tell you to knock?" Venti replied with an "Ehe." 

"Well, you see I had my friend make sure the Holy Lyre Der Himmel was safe. Turns out you guys need to double up on security there." Venti gently pushed Lumine forward and she robotically set down the lyre on the desk. 

"Oh my!" Jean quickly took hold of the lyre and had the gaze of a disappointed mother on Venti.

⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿

Meanwhile, Diluc was having a field day, he left his shift early and let Charles take over for the remaining amount of time. The Fatui were being searched for the Holy Lyre Der Himmel and this allowed him to easily slip into the Goth Grand Hotel, nobody was there but on the 2nd there were a few papers and objects left behind. 

Diluc soon realized he was in Lumine's room the closet had a duplicate of the dress she was wearing and outfits in similar styles. Diluc shuffled around the room and found a piece of parchment on the floor it stated, 'Dear me, Childe is making me write a letter to someone far away from us. I don't have anyone to write a letter to, so why not write it back to me in Snezhnaya? Anyways, good luck getting that delusion.' It had Lumine's signature at the bottom but Diluc was almost terrified when it said something about a delusion. 

Diluc didn't understand why someone would purposely use a delusion knowing the consequences. "Master Diluc?" A voice appeared behind Diluc, he quickly shoved the paper into his coat and turned. "I'm sorry but civilians arent allowed on the premises-" Diluc realized it was a knight and he was already walking out the door, "Understood." 

Walking out of the hotel the only thing Diluc could think about is the delusion. But taking a moment to think Diluc wondered why the Fatui would have the Holy Lyre? The Fatui didn't have a reason to take the lyre now because it wouldn't allow them to do anything but be on worse terms with Mondstadt. The knights were foolish for searching them, well that was Diluc's opinion. 

Diluc stood outside the hotel waiting for action but instead, the Acting Grand Master Jean came to the scene with Venti and Lumine following behind her. "We've retrieved the Holy Lyre Der Himmel." All the knights that were still investigating the Goth Grand Hotel came out and went to spread the word to everyone else still searching the city. 

"An official report of what happened will be made public as soon as it's finished." With that Jean left, she had to go write a fake report and get a fake suspect. 

⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿

"Thank you, Venti!" Lumine hugged Venti from behind glad that nothing too terrible happened. 

Unfortunately, Lumine's luck ran out as Scaramouche could be seen walking up the stairs he was clearly fuming. 

"I think you should go, this isn't going to be good." Venti nodded understandingly and quickly ran off, he didn't want to be caught in Scaramouche's wrath. 

⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿

Diluc was left watching from the sidelines he hid in some nearby bushes hoping to get some information or just watch what was going to unfold.