Chapter 13

"Come on Childe, you're going to cause a scene if you keep this up." Lumine was dragging Childe as he had fallen asleep.

Lumine dropped him and looked at him, she tapped his face multiple times "Ajax, wake up." Lumine usually just called him Childe because that's what everyone else called him but she did know that his birth name was Ajax. 

Childe opened his eyes to see Lumine poking him and saying his name, he hadn't gotten carried away with the drinking. He turned away from Lumine and got to his feet slowly. He wasn't affected by liquid courage this was the state of his mentality at the moment.

"Childe come on." Lumine pulled his arm and forced him to hike the stairs. 

At the Goth Grand Hotel, Scaramouche was looking out the window to see the scene, he was annoyed and opened his window shouting out, "You disgrace, drunkard!" Scaramouche slammed his window shut and quietly watched as the pair walked inside after looking around to see where the voice came from. 

"Was that Scaramouche?" Lumine looked around she heard his voice but he was nowhere to be found.

"That shortie can't keep his mouth shut." Childe walked into the hotel and went up the stairs Lumine following after him. 

Childe pounded on Scaramouche's door. "Open the damn door." Childe was cold and harsh, he had dealt with Scaramouche's little comments for a long time and never confronted him. 

Scaramouche opened the door, "What do you want?" Scaramouche matched Childe's tone. 

"Want to say what you said again? Say it again to my face." Childe watched as Scaramouche saw Lumine behind him, if she intervened she may pick a side to stand with and he panicked. 

Scaramouche just decided to slam the door in his face instead, so he did and Childe backed off. 

"You didn't need to take it that far." Lumine stood behind Childe as he turned around. 

"Again, he treats you differently, you don't know him." Scaramouche could hear them as they were still in front of his door and he scowled.  

"Still, you were being a 'disgrace' Scaramouche just spoke up about it, he just said something that others thought as well." Lumine walked down the hallway to her room and went in. 

Childe stood there for a few seconds before going into his room. As soon as he laid down he fell asleep, he succumbed to sleep. 

⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿⇿

Childe woke up, something was off his window was wide open and the air was heavy and metallic. 

It was the middle of the night, what could the issue be? 

Childe got out of bed and grabbed the dagger on his nightstand looking around, nobody was there. He was about to light a candle when he realized the room was filled with electro energy, Childe ran to his door and opened it letting himself out and slamming the door closed. 

"Lumine!" Childe called to Lumine as he stood in front of her door knocking.

Lumine turned in bed hearing him, she eventually got up and opened the door, groggily she said "What do you want? It's late." Lumine was rubbing her eyes when she realized how frantic he was. 

"My room filled up with electricity! I wanted to make sure you were alright." Childe looked past Lumine into her bedroom. 

Lumine used elemental sight, nothing. "That happened to me in Snezhnaya, someone might be playing a bad prank." 

"What? At the castle, it happened with guards around?" Lumine followed Childe to his room. 

"It's exactly the same as what happened to me- wait, did you check on Scaramouche?" Lumine was already down the hall by the time Childe said no. 

"Scaramouche!" Lumine knocked on the door similar to how Childe knocked. except Scaramouche was unresponsive. 

Lumine walked into the room, luckily the door wasn't locked. Looking around she saw the electricity in his room as well. "Scaramouche? Are you in here?" 

Scaramouche woke up, he was in bed sleeping. "L-lumine? What are you doing in here?!" Scaramouche jumped out of bed then he realized, the air was filled with electricity. 

Childe was standing at the door looking around the room. 

"Are you alright? Not hurt anywhere?" Lumine opened the rest of the windows in the room and used anemo to clear the room out. 

"I'm fine. But what is this?" Scaramouche watched as Lumine cleared out the room. 

"We don't know but it happened to all of us." Childe cut in.

"Snezhnaya and now here. Someone is definitely up to something." Lumine finished clearing out the room and went to Childe's room to do the same to his. 

It was going to be a long night.