Chapter 49

The crew had decided it was best to get everyone to shore via the lifeboats. Although that meant a few would have to stay back with the anchored ship to make sure nothing happened to it. 

Lumine, Venti, Xiao, Childe, Albedo, the kitsune, and Ayato all packed into a lifeboat. 

They all watched as the man who was running around on the beach in uniform retreated. Soon enough a group of people was starting to form. 

Suddenly an arrow came flying at the water a man in a different uniform was aiming with a bow towards them. And did he have ears...? 

"Ayato- Stand up!" Lumine said not wanting them to fire more arrows at the tiny boat. Ayato stood and tried to make his presence known, he slapped Childe in the face with his sleeves on accident. 

"Lumine just go to the shore! They aren't going to recognize him before we sink!" Childe said getting increasingly annoyed with fabric hitting him. Ayato sat down after hearing Childe. 

"I'll go," Xiao said and suddenly he was gone. This was turning into a mess. Lumine let out a sigh and also stood up. 

She waved her hand at the still water beside the boat and it froze. She briskly walked on the ice she was creating and headed for shore faster than the lifeboat. 

Xiao was already on the beach speaking to the person who had the bow and had been shooting. Explaining to them why they were here. 

When Lumine had made it to shore the young man with the bow came up to her and bowed. "I shot at your boat. Please accept my apology. I am General Gorou." Lumine didn't know what Xiao could've said to get this reply but apparently, he had smoothed things over with the Resistance already. 

Soon after the lifeboat reached shore and everyone was glad to be off the mess of a boat. 

"We'll alert her Excellency of your arrival. I never asked what was your name again?" Gorou asked Lumine, he recognized her as the leader of the group but the only person he knew among them was the Yashiro Commissioner Kamisato Ayato. 

The Resistance had been desperate for help lately, they were severely weakened by the attack in Bourou Village, it was astounding how the Shogunate managed to get that far without the Resistance's knowledge. 

"It's Lumine." Lumine put on a small smile while speaking. 

"I'd hate to interrupt, but... Is Ayaka and Thoma among you?" Ayato suddenly said and had a look of concern on his face. Anyone with a vision would be hunted down so it was quite reasonable for Ayato to be concerned or scared for his sister's wellbeing. 

Gorou looked down for a second before replying. "Thoma is with us. I don't know where Ayaka is, we haven't seen her." The mood was dampened after that. Ayato looked heartbroken even if he tried not to show it. 

Everyone was then escorted into the heart of Watatsumi Island, going through Borou Village. 

The place was in shambles and one of the soldiers explained, "As you've probably heard we were attacked by one of our own who was on the hunt for blood. She was only captured a few days ago by Kaedahara Kazuha and he was aided by Kujou Sara." Everyone wondered how strong the woman was exactly to cut down everyone in her path, there was a rumor going around that she didn't even know how to wield a sword and held it wrong. As a vision user though her skills were well beyond what they should've been, according to eyewitnesses. 

Gorou had some reservations about everyone that had just arrived on the island. He wondered why they were offering help now of all times when the side of the Resistance seemed to have an even slimmer chance of winning the war. 

Gorou brought the group to Sangonomiya Shrine, he told the rest of his own men to go back to their posts. 

"No offense but I didn't see anything like military barracks or training grounds around here. All we've seen is a beaten old village. How bad are the living conditions here?" Albedo asked Gorou. He was concerned because there were troops everywhere but he didn't see any shelter. He was aware that there was a fort on another island but it wasn't all that close. 

"Oh- Well about that. The Shogun has cut off most of our supplies, we're making it work with what we have." Gorou was a little bit taken aback that the man before him would just insult Borou Village like that but he couldn't blame him. 

"And on top of that where is every one that fled to Watatsumi Island when the Shogun started killing for visions?" The place was pretty empty as a haven for vision users.