About Ayato

From what Lumine had already known about Ayato and from what she observed she could tell Ayato was not someone to be taken lightly, but because she has his best interest at heart Ayato is very cooperative. 

Ayato truly cares for the Kamisato Clan and the people under its protection, he loves his family and friends and wants to protect them. But there was one thing Lumine couldn't wrap her head around, Ayato took pleasure in other's issues. Seeing their face contort and the person squirming under pressure, it seemed like he liked seeing people backed into a corner. It was odd, yes, but in the eat or be eaten world Ayato resides in perhaps it isn't a bad thing.

On their voyage to Inazuma Lumine and Ayato had many encounters as the ship itself wasn't that large. 

In every area Ayato had been in for more than 10 minutes it always seemed to be messy. Lumine walked into a room for cargo that Ayato had been in, she was looking for some rope at the request of someone else who had asked for it. Things were tossed about and there were random containers opened. It was quite the mess. Lumine still took the rope and decided to confront Ayato. Ayato would disturb the peace between the crew and guests if they had to continuously pick up after him. 

Lumine didn't have to search for long outside of the room because Ayato was sitting at a table a few yards away. "Ayato, can we have a word for a moment?" Lumine asked as she approached. 

"Of course. What is it?" Ayato replied, he had a cup in his hand and took a sip of whatever the contents were, Lumine couldn't see what it was. 

"I don't think I should have to say this but please don't leave rooms messed up after you leave them. The crew wouldn't appreciate that, they aren't here to clean up after us." Lumine said as she sat down at the chair across from him, she then looked out at the water to see a seemingly endless view of the ocean. 

"Oh, I apologize I didn't mean to make anyone pick up after me." Ayato looked slightly embarrassed which Lumine had never seen before, Ayato's only personalities were confident and smug, well at least the ones she had seen. 

"May I ask what you're drinking?" Lumine asked redirecting the conversation. There was almost nothing else to do on the ship besides chat with others or help out on deck a bit but now was quite the calm time and everyone was idle. 

"Ah, a member of the crew offered it to me, I don't know what's in it but they said it was a drink from Mondstadt. It's quite enjoyable." With the Fatui being all over the seven nations they had come to form their own mesh of the nation's cultures. It's a little odd but there are new things and supplies coming from everywhere so one day you could be eating a sweet madame and the next you could be having tempura. 

"I'm going to guess it's apple cider, it's famous in Mondstadt, and from personal preferences, it's a great drink." Logically it would be apple cider because people don't usually drink until later in the day, it's only noon, and Lumine didn't really see any alcohol, although she did see one barrel that was from Inazuma. 

"That's right. I've heard you're quite the traveler?" Ayato took another sip of his drink and smiled looking at Lumine in the eyes. 

"I find that every nation has something special to offer and everything is unique, different sword techniques, foods, living styles, I just find it all interesting and something to do." Lumine had always remembered traveling. Since her earliest memories she was traveling, the reason why she was traveling faded and it became a lifestyle, although she would give a lot to remember why she was traveling with her brother. 

"Actually going to the party was the first time I've ever departed Inazuma, it was quite the experience." Ayato never had time to leave Inazuma, when he was young his parents passed away and since then he had been busy with day-to-day duties as the Yashiro Commissioner. 

"I'm sorry that your first traveling experience was ruined but I'm sure there will be more opportunities for traveling." If Ayato tried hard enough he could easily travel, the consequences however may vary from nothing to severe. 

Ayato stared down into his cup for a moment. "Yes, I do believe next time will be more enjoyable." He responded and looked up to Lumine again. 

"Well, it was a nice chat. I'm going to go see how everyone else is holding up." Lumine pushed out of her chair and stood up, quickly walking off to talk to other people. 

In truth, Ayato did feel a little homesick, it's only natural when you've never left home. It was quite the culture shock as well, he went from being on an island nation that had fair weather all year round to mountainous terrain and bitterly cold conditions. Less fish, more meat, the drinks changed, specialties and general ingredients also changed. But the thing he missed most was Ayaka and Thoma, he also missed his other friends which wasn't something he was going to admit. 

Ayaka approved of him going to Snezhnaya, but it wasn't like he had a choice since the Raiden Shogun hand-picked him to be on the committee to go over to Snezhnaya for the party. Ayaka believed it would be good for him to leave work behind and just see the world for once. Although Ayaka herself hadn't ever left Inazuma either. Maybe it was part of her own wish for her brother to take a break. 

The lasting impression Ayato has on everyone is that he isn't someone to be messed with. He is nothing short of a genius and knows how to play his cards, making an enemy of him would be more trouble than the outcome could ever be worth. One moment he can seem kind and unaware of what's going on around him but the next he'll be controlling the situation in his favor. He uses all that he has to the fullest extent, one might say he is resourceful.