Chapter 17

When Lumine woke up she immediately got into her disguise, making sure to flaunt her bow and dousing herself in electro energy. She roughed up her hair grabbed the lyre and ran outside. 

Lumine found a nice place to hide out and wait for someone to track her down at, an ally with cargo boxes. Lumine left a trail of electricity to where she was if that wasn't enough she was dishing out for hints, she quietly strummed the lyre so if someone really listened they would hear it. 

Lumine heard knights rush by searching, she was getting bored fast she had been sitting there for around an hour waiting for someone, anyone to find her. 

Finally, Lumine knew she was going to be ambushed the air around her was frigid and there were particles of cryo in the air. Lumine got to her feet and looked around, her hood dropping and revealing her fake hair. 

Lumine saw a figure appear, they were tall and had an eyepatch, as well as a cryo vision hanging off their belt. "I think you dropped this." The man tossed Lumine's counterfeit vision at her, Lumine caught it and shoved it into her pocket. 

"Why would you just give me my vision back?" Lumine questioned preparing to take out her bow. 

"I wouldn't leave someone defenseless, I would at least like the person to put up a fight." With that, he took out his sword and pointed it in her direction. 

"I wouldn't-" Lumine looked down seeing that he had frozen her legs in place. "Oh well, if it's a fight you want it's a fight you'll get." Lumine took out her bow and remembered she had forgotten arrows, she was going to have to do hand-to-hand combat. 

Lumine grumbled about having to improvise and she steamed her way out of the ice before the Kaeya could land a hit on her. Lumine sent visible electricity his way, Kaeya dodged it and swung at Lumine, missing again as Lumine found a small flag hanging off the side of the building, she grabbed it and ripped the flag off using the pole as a staff. 

Lumine gripped the wooden pole and blocked Kaeya's swings, it was quite easy as his blade work was predictable and Lumine had seen it before. Kaeya tried to freeze Lumine's arm to get the upper hand but he seemed to miss each time. 

The fight had moved to Mondstadt's gates, Lumine was entertaining the fight but didn't know how to end the fight without making it seem like she was overpowered. Lumine wanted to get the fight over with as not to draw in civilians so she got behind Kaeya and hit him in the back with the pole. 

"Agh!" Kaeya fell to the ground dropping his sword on the way down. A crowd was gathering as they saw the Calvary Captain fall to the ground. 

"Please admit defeat so we don't draw in a crowd." Lumine talked to Kaeya looking down at him, she realized she made a mistake by stealing the lyre for his attention and she should've put in a formal request. 

"I should know when I'm defeated," Kaeya mumbled as Lumine took his arm he was apprehensive but he couldn't do anything as he was in agony. 

Lumine helped him to his feet, passing through the crowd he leaned on Lumine for support as they walked up the stairs, their destination unknown. 

Nobody dared question the stranger taking Kaeya up the stairs, they just watched in shock. Lumine took Kaeya to the Goth Grand Hotel she knew that he had to be gritting his teeth by now. 

"L-lady Lumine! You cant bring him in here!" The guard outside the Hotel recognized Lumine by her eyes he was concerned that Lumine was bringing in someone of the Favonius Knights into the hotel. 

"Step aside, and don't worry so much." Kaeya then knew that this person had to have some affiliation with the Fatui as they went inside, to Kaeya's surprise the place just seemed like a dining hall. 

Lumine dropped Kaeya off in a chair, she did feel bad that she hit him in the back but he did freeze her legs to the floor. Lumine took off her wig and cloak putting them on the coat rack. 

"I assume you were looking for this? Correct?" Lumine set down the Holy Lyre der Himmel on the table and took a seat across from him. 

Kaeya's eyes widened, this seemed more like a business deal than a hostage situation. "Uh- I, excuse me but what are we doing here?" Lumine sent a servant to get them drinks and Kaeya an icepack. 

"I just wanted to meet you, I had the stupid idea of stealing the Holy Lyre der Himmel to get your attention." Kaeya was surprised yet again, he assumed that this person was just a criminal working with the Fatui and they wanted a hostage. 

Kaeya was left in a little bit of shock nobody ever wanted to find him that badly let alone go through so much to find him, "Couldn't you have just sent in a request with the knights to have an audience with me?"

"I didn't think it through, but I was wondering if you knew something about artificial life," Lumine questioned expecting some basic knowledge. 

Kaeya was visibly in distress he knew that his homeland was one of the main birth givers to artificial lifeforms, "I know a little about it but its basic knowledge." 

Lumine wanted to find out how to bring eternal life to someone and perhaps developing artificial life was the way to go if she wasn't able to expand a human's lifespan.