Chapter 42

Lumine watched Ayato leave and go back to camp. She soon followed after him into camp. 

Childe was there. Watching over everyone as they worked, when he saw Lumine he walked over. 

"Are you alright now?" Childe asked. "I'm fine, I'm sorry about what happened on the mountain." Lumine apologized and slightly bowed her head. 

"I still don't understand. Why did Scaramouche throw you off the mountain along with himself?" Childe had been wondering about this since the event but, he wasn't sure why it would've happened. Scaramouche couldn't have been that out of it to throw Lumine off the mountain by mistake. 

"I'm not sure myself.." Lumine tried not to think about the possibilities and was waiting for Scaramouche's input. "Everyone's starting to pack up I better go help!" With that Childe left quickly from the dry conversation. 

Lumine went back to the medicine tent. When she pushed away the fabric covering the entrance she saw Scaramouche rummaging through a chest. "Scaramouche!" 

He quickly turned up to stare at Lumine. Except the gaze he wore wasn't his, he had wide cat-like eyes. That proud and sure of himself look was gone, his eyes were glowing a brilliant shade of purple. This wasn't Scaramouche. 

Then Lumine put it together. Scaramouche being a clone it was probably Ei who took control of him on the mountain and threw them both off. Now she was in control again. 

"Ei. If you can hear me, get out of Scaramouche's body or I will hunt you and your shogun down." Lumine said in a serious tone. Almost immediately his eyes flickered in color and Scaramouche fell to the floor with a sigh. 

A piece of paper could be seen behind Scaramouche who was now unconscious on the ground. Lumine went to pick it up, it read, "The Raiden Shogun has taken over the city but in a different way than before. Yae, if you're reading this I suggest you don't come back yet. I'll be trying to find a way out, but if worst comes to worst. Take Kunikuzushi and harness his power to subdue the shogun, this is the last resort only." 

All Lumine could do was sigh, it was unfortunate that Ei didn't realize or realized too late that Yae Miko already fled. Lumine didn't know where she was though or if she'd come back. 

"Childe!" She went out of the tent with the letter and saw Childe pop out. "We have to leave tonight. Read this." Lumine handed Childe the note and he carefully read it. 

"I don't understand what this has to do with us- What's going on with Inazuma shouldn't affect us, although they might be after Scaramouche again." Childe debated with himself and handed the note back. 

"Well the shogun is rogue now and if Ei cant manage to take control the shogun might try to apply her so-called divine judgment to the other nations, that'd affect everything. It wouldn't be too hard to go take the shogun out it'd probably be harder getting into the nation." 

"Only you would talk about taking out an Archon so nonchalantly." Childe had a hint of a smile, nobody had the guts to talk about taking out someone like the Shogun and if they did they usually didn't have the power to back it up. However, Lumine did.